Diaz the $7million dollar defenceman??

e46330ivs*

I was ready for it. He was a leader on the ice. Can't say otherwise. He was pretty much fearless.

I wouldnt say fearless, I didnt hate Komisarek, but he didnt use his size properly, his puck handling skills were suspect, his skating the same. He definetely was a good leader but not the intimidator a guy like that should of been. Some cried wolf when he wasnt re signed, in hindsight, and its easy to say this afterwards it was the right decision, so lets leave hockey decisions to hockey people, not fanatics.

Last edited by a moderator:

cjbhab*

Wow, Diaz always had great potential.
Souray had a fluke year ? Whut.
Komi a top 10? Whut?...
And didnt you get the joke ? Read the thread next time.
And Markov is not an all star anymore.

Yes.. Souray was a fluke.

Yes Komisarek was 7th overall in 2001.

Yes, I read the thread. It's much like everything else on here.. a joke. Let's give PK Subban 7 million bucks folks.. He is the best there ever was.

Markov not an allstar anymore.. I bet you he makes the allstar game next year.. any takers?

e46330ivs*

Yes, I read the thread. It's much like everything else on here.. a joke. Let's give PK Subban 7 million bucks folks.. He is the best there ever was.

Markov not an allstar anymore.. I bet you he makes the allstar game next year.. any takers?

cjbhab as to be a woman, she cant give you answers, her answers are everyones crazy cause were having a hypothetical conversation, its like when your with your buddies and you have a 2 hr conversation about if you would date a girl with no nose, as ridiculous as it sounds its what men talk about, but not cjbhab, girl with no nose you guys are crazy. Please explain why Souray wasnt a fluke apart from 3 good NHL seasons, and tell me why other then the fact he was drafted 7th overall Komisarek as lived up to his stature of wow 7th overall.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I wouldnt say fearless, I didnt hate Komisarek, but he didnt use his size properly, his puck handling skills were suspect, his skating the same. He definetely was a good leader but not the intimidator a guy like that should of been. Some cried wolf when he wasnt re signed, in hindsight, and its easy to say this afterwards it was the right decision, so lets leave hockey decisions to hockey people, not fanatics.

He was Gorges fearless..

Wow, lets just negate everything without ever giving an argument.
Souray was not a fluke, he had 5 season of over 30 points, 3 of over 50. That aint no fluke.
He may go to the allstar but he's not in the top 12 dman in the league sorry.

In the end...PMS?

WHY SO MAD?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
But Subban wants to be paid big money for learning how to become as hockey-smart as Markov!
Markov doesnt have the looks that P.K. has anyway.

Markov is a O.G. P.K. is a tru harlem style gangsta. Rolling in his escalade with spinners, Tupac.. No mercedes and Russian rap rofl, markov, weak.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
One thing Subban undeniably has over Markov is that he can play well in the playoffs. Subban has rocked both of his playoff experiences, including his rookie experience against Washington, Pittsburgh, and Philly. Markov, on the other hand, has never taken a step up in the playoffs.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Alright we've all seen this story play out before, Souray, Streit, Komisarek get their pay day from riding shotgun with Markov. Now I know the title is ridiculous but you guys know where Im coming from, could Diaz be the next????

The one guy who can really up Diaz's value is not markov so much as it is subban. The longer subban stays out, the more time diaz gets to showcase himself with markov on the PP. Diaz has had a nice start to the season, but let's not get too carried away. He shouldn;t be a primary option on the PP (its a special case here), and he's no more than a 2nd pairing d-man at the very best in even strength situations.

I dont want to sound like I dislike diaz, because I don't. I just don't want people to get carried away with very high expectations.

MicroFracture

Jan 1, 2009
Trois-Rivieres
cjbhab as to be a woman, she cant give you answers, her answers are everyones crazy cause were having a hypothetical conversation, its like when your with your buddies and you have a 2 hr conversation about if you would date a girl with no nose, as ridiculous as it sounds its what men talk about, but not cjbhab, girl with no nose you guys are crazy. Please explain why Souray wasnt a fluke apart from 3 good NHL seasons, and tell me why other then the fact he was drafted 7th overall Komisarek as lived up to his stature of wow 7th overall.

He was Gorges fearless..

Wow, lets just negate everything without ever giving an argument.
Souray was not a fluke, he had 5 season of over 30 points, 3 of over 50. That aint no fluke.
He may go to the allstar but he's not in the top 12 dman in the league sorry.

In the end...PMS?

WHY SO MAD?

lol wow.:shakehead

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
Well, all joking aside, he has been improving constantly since his first game as a Hab. He gets physically dominated sometimes by bigger players but if he can learn some good position defense with Markov then, with his offensive upside, Diaz could be a permanent number 4 with us.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
One thing Subban undeniably has over Markov is that he can play well in the playoffs. Subban has rocked both of his playoff experiences, including his rookie experience against Washington, Pittsburgh, and Philly. Markov, on the other hand, has never taken a step up in the playoffs.
And physicality!
The one guy who can really up Diaz's value is not markov so much as it is subban. The longer subban stays out, the more time diaz gets to showcase himself with markov on the PP. Diaz has had a nice start to the season, but let's not get too carried away. He shouldn;t be a primary option on the PP (its a special case here), and he's no more than a 2nd pairing d-man at the very best in even strength situations.

I dont want to sound like I dislike diaz, because I don't. I just don't want people to get carried away with very high expectations.
Diaz is a damn fine first PP guy. I agree that he's no first pairing material. But on the PP I have no problem with him there.

He has a great hard and accurate shot, crisp passing and he can keep the puck in with his mobility and great positioning, what would you want more ?

Yeah, that wasnt of great tase I agree. But I went with the trend of calling him a woman.

Anyway, people who can't bring a constructive argument will not receive a constructive answer.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Diaz will only sign for how much he is WORTH!

All those Swatch and Lindt endorsements -- major swag. If we're not careful with him, he might just quit hockey and join Sportsnet.

Seriously though - I've always liked Diaz. First game, everyone was shaky. I will, however reserve judgement until 10-15 games. He will go through bad patches and will be on the ice for goals. It's how he responds that will inform me. He does have a patented move though -- the head fake like he's going to shoot. I wonder how long before the opposition doesn't bite. Would love to see him blast one (or more) in.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00