Value of: Devon Toews

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
With the Avs most likely going to suffer a cap crunch, I wonder if Toews would ever be available? Byram is knocking at the door and Girard's contract isn't super enticing for most teams to want. Toews would actually be able to fetch some nice pieces back.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
He’s really been an ideal pairing with Makar. This is often discussed on the Avs board. What will be Toews’ ask? And do they trade Girard instead?

The OP dumps on Girard but his contract is team friendly in that Girard can be a top 4 D for a lot of teams.

The problem is offensive LHD Dman are abundant in the NHL. It's not to say you cannot get something for Girard, but probably something very minor.

Vinman88

Aug 3, 2018
With the Avs most likely going to suffer a cap crunch, I wonder if Toews would ever be available? Byram is knocking at the door and Girard's contract isn't super enticing for most teams to want. Toews would actually be able to fetch some nice pieces back.
Toews for Reinhardt done

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
The problem is offensive LHD Dman are abundant in the NHL. It's not to say you cannot get something for Girard, but probably something very minor.
I dunno if it’s fair to say “very minor”, as Girard would be top 4 on most teams and even top pairing on some.

That being said, yes the return on Toews would be greater. However with Makar and Byram in the lineup I think Girard is more expendable.

So my view is the only reason you move Toews is if you aren’t going to be able to re-up him. I’d rather move Girard for nothing (won’t happen, just illustrating my viewpoint) than get a haul for Toews.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Columbus may be interested after losing Gavrikov
They have nothing to offer. Roslovic doesn’t get you Toews. Jenner doesn’t get you Toews. And it’s doubtful they’re willing to trade Johnson. And there’s a likelihood that the Avs are interested in “win now” players.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
i dont think so. you're certainly not going to get kent johnson lol. i think you have unrealistic expectations
There are 30 other teams. Like I said, Columbus isn’t a good trade partner because they don’t have anything they can realistically offer. Jenner is more like a 3C. The Avs should realistically expect a lot more for Toews. And if it is Jenner, the plus would need to be so significant that Jenner isn’t necessarily the main piece.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
There are 30 other teams. Like I said, Columbus isn’t a good trade partner because they don’t have anything they can realistically offer. Jenner is more like a 3C. The Avs should realistically expect a lot more for Toews. And if it is Jenner, the plus would need to be so significant that Jenner isn’t necessarily the main piece.

Jenner and protected 2024 1st for Toews? (Note not a CBJ fan).

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Colorado appears cap strapped next year. Need 9 roster players and $13M in space and Bynum an RFA. After signing him you pretty much are looking at $1M contracts.

with Toews having 1 yr of term left you aren’t getting some high prospect or some decent 2C with term/ team control. More like a player for player deal that is close to money and term.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Colorado appears cap strapped next year. Need 9 roster players and $13M in space and Bynum an RFA. After signing him you pretty much are looking at $1M contracts.

with Toews having 1 yr of term left you aren’t getting some high prospect or some decent 2C with term/ team control. More like a player for player deal that is close to money and term.

That's not going to get it done. The Avs are better off keeping Toews for the duration. In 2 years, maybe the cap increases enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad