Devils will win the President's Trophy

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
There are great places to live in each state. Trying to generalize either based on stereotypes is beyond foolish.

Source: I am from NJ and now live in NC.
No way, this is a thread for absolutes and we all need to pick a side. Fence sitter!

I’m staying above the Mason-Dixon and may no one ever catch me in that horrible place as long as I live.

• Haha
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

NextGoalIsHuge

Nov 19, 2017
They really do look good on paper, that's for sure!
I'm fascinated by the Hughes brothers, so I'll be tuning in as often as possible.

It takes a healthy roster and a degree of puck-luck to put in a a dominant season, but they have pieces in place.

Also, they look primed to enjoy many years of success, given the payroll structure and length of the bargain deals.

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
The betting sites have them #2 for winning the cup and its not like they have such a large fanbase to pour money on them so yes lots of people think that they are in for a big year.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
First things first the Jersey bashing has got to stop. It's just the cool annoying thing to say when you don't know anything about the state.

Yeah, some areas stink. Camden, Trenton, Atlantic City, Newark, Paterson.

But that's a small list when talking about some of the nicest suburban areas in the country like Alpine, Franklin Lakes, Short Hills/Millburn, Summit, Westfield/Cranford, Princeton, Red Bank, Rumson/Fair Haven, Basking Ridge, Mendham, Harding, Morristown, and on and on and on and on. NJ also has some of the best private schools in the country.

Start looking at stats as far as income, education, health care, quality of life, and more and NJ is up in the top for every single thing.

As far as the team, on paper yes I agree they should have a shot at the Presidents Trophy and playoff success, however a lot has to go right.

Jack Hughes is still small and somewhat injury prone. He needed to add 5-10 pounds and some muscle but I'm not sure he was able to since he was recovering from surgery. Luke Hughes needs to get healthy. Bratt and Hischier need to keep improving and not take steps back. Second half Timo needs to be full season Timo. Markstrom and Allen have to stay on top of their game and HEALTHY because the moment goalies start going down this team will crumble.

I'm very excited about this team... but I remember last year a lot of people picked the Devils as division winners, conference winners, even cup winners in some cases and we all know how that went. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong.

Yes Tom Fitzgerald did an amazing job addressing every need this team had...

All we can say at this point is "WE SHALL SEE"

The betting sites have them #2 for winning the cup and its not like they have such a large fanbase to pour money on them so yes lots of people think that they are in for a big year.
Maybe as far as sheer numbers of course the size of the fanbase is in the middle of the league... however Devils fans travel real well and when they are good you will see pretty large contingents in all away buildings... and if the hype translates to regular season success, I can guarantee and I would put money on the Devils starting to sell out every game from late November through the season. When it was obvious they were for real in 2022-2023 every game started selling out and it was $150 just to get in the building by April.

Reactions: johnnybbadd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad