GDT: Devils vs. Habs / 9 Pages of Apathy 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Really? **** that ****. It's all about pride now.

I don't think we can even pick 5 mathematically now and even with a lose the odds at winning the lotto were better then the canes passing us.

If you are worried about picking 6th. Root for Philly to stop being an awful hockey team for 4 games.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did anyone really think the Canes could pass us?

They're terrible.

I'm still laughing at a couple of the ''Canes are a better team than us'' posts from a couple months back.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Gomez HAS to come back next year. We don't have another good passing forward and puck carrier on the squad

Agreed. Gomez is the best playmaker on the Devils at this point. It would be foolish for the Devils not to resign him, since I don't see many feasible options that would be as good or better playmakers than he is.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I don't think we can even pick 5 mathematically now and even with a lose the odds at winning the lotto were better then the canes passing us.

If you are worried about picking 6th. Root for Philly to stop being an awful hockey team for 4 games.

Huh what? Was that directed at me or MJ?

I'm just happy we won and it was an entertaining game. I'm not for tanking.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Don't worry about draft position, we are going to win the lottery...the way I figure it, the hockey gods owe us a generational talent for not tanking for Mario.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Don't worry about draft position, we are going to win the lottery...the way I figure it, the hockey gods owe us a generational talent for not tanking for Mario.

Besides, Edmonton can't get another first, the NHL can't reward buffalo and toronto for tanking, and Carolina and phoenix are hockey mausoleums.

We lost our talents fair and square and not through terrible mismanagement

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Well hopefully Bernier asks for too much money or something and leaves because I'm not sure how we get better with all these third liners still here.

Bernier and Tootoo as your bottom 6 RW is fine. Shouldn't stop us from going over top 6 RW, which we desperately need.

LW is where things are to crowded and room needs to be made if Matteau or Boucher plan to play here next year (or another upstart forces his way onto the roster out of camp.)

Resigning those guys isn't the problem. Keeping them in the bottom 6 because we have actual talented RWs IS the problem.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Haha old school Lou, didn't think Gomers elbow was a big deal and a bit exaggerated, nice.

Gomer must have had reason to clock him, I thought for sure Lou would be critical of it in the postgame

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
Just came back. Best game I went to this season. Tons of kids from North of the Boarder.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Gomer must have had reason to clock him, I thought for sure Lou would be critical of it in the postgame

I don't think Lou would ever publicly criticize a player to the media. He would probably confront that player behind closed doors.

Also, it might not be right, but I like to see our players fighting back and not taking ****. There's something to be said about a team that's hard to play against.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't think Lou would ever publicly criticize a player to the media. He would probably confront that player behind closed doors.

Also, it might not be right, but I like to see our players fighting back and not taking ****. There's something to be said about a team that's hard to play against.

I think he would if he felt it was stupid/selfish which is usually the case when you get thrown out. Instead he apparently was tweaking the ref by saying that, a ref who happens to have a history with us.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I don't approve of elbows to the head, but I'm going to give Gomez the benefit of the doubt by saying that he probably had a reason for what he did since he is not in the habit of throwing his elbows at other players. He deserved the penalty and to be kicked out of the game, though. League can give supplemental discipline by suspending him for a game or two and I still won't really have a problem with Gomez making the hit. The games he would potentially miss are essentially meaningless for the Devils. This isn't a pattern for Gomez, so I'm not going to get upset over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad