GDT: Devils vs. Habs / 9 Pages of Apathy 7:00 PM MSG+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
No Ruutu's last year is next season. I don't really mind him as fourth line LW it's not like that would be Matteau's position.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Kinkaid IS NOT A RFA. He's 100% UFA because of the lack of games/minutes at this point in time. We need to sign him obviously because I wouldn't find it too far fetched for a team to offer him at least a shot at starting.

I don't see him leaving if Lou gives him a fair deal. 2-3 yes 3 mil. Seems fair

He was very good after a shaky first

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'm just saying if a team offers him a SHOT at starting you've got to think he'd at least entertain the thought. Obviously he isn't going to start here. I'd love it if they signed him for 2-3 years but like I said, if it's offered in a way that he might have a chance at starting he would probably want it.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
He's still not anywhere near worth his contract. I haven't seen him do anything worthwhile in weeks

yea but it's one year. i don't think any team will be taking his contract either cause it's a pretty big cap hit for a fourth liner. I don't see the point in buying him out. He can serve the Peter Harrold role for forwards next year.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Everybody is done next year. Soon all the new faces will be in the lineup. Matteau, Boucher Coleman, Quenneville, Blandisi, McDavid, Black, Thomson...everything is going to be fine ;)

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
yea but it's one year. i don't think any team will be taking his contract either cause it's a pretty big cap hit for a fourth liner. I don't see the point in buying him out. He can serve the Peter Harrold role for forwards next year.

If Lou is serious about adding 2 scoring forwards this summer then guys like Ruutu can't be on the roster at all and one of Gomez, Bernier, and Tootoo can't be back. There's too many players that fill the same roles.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
If Lou is serious about adding 2 scoring forwards this summer then guys like Ruutu can't be on the roster at all and one of Gomez, Bernier, and Tootoo can't be back. There's too many players that fill the same roles.

Gomez HAS to come back next year. We don't have another good passing forward and puck carrier on the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad