Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

Comparison Ford

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Tomorrow is going to be a tough game that we might lose, especially on a B2B, with our wonky schedule, and the Canes with 4 days rest. Will be a good challenge for sure. I'll be very happy with a 4-2 start with out crazy schedule.
if this team can win on average 2 out of every 3 games, we will all be happy campers.

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Okay...I do have a slight issue with the PP.

Why is Bratt parked in front of the Opposing goaltender?

I feel he's being wasted like that when someone more bigger (and can block the Goaltender's sight better) would be the wiser move.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
That was 8 months ago, so no one but me remembers that.
lol you can’t be serious

Okay...I do have a slight issue with the PP.

Why is Bratt parked in front of the Opposing goaltender?

I feel he's being wasted like that when someone more bigger (and can block the Goaltender's sight better) would be the wiser move.
What are you talking about? Bratt is playing on the halfwall

Reactions: Nubmer6

Eggtimers

Oct 5, 2024
If we get the big guns going like they can , the PP will follow suit. It maybe getting the PO going will unlock beast mode Jack and Bratt . With a good PP … we will be unstoppable.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
lol you can’t be serious

You're right, I misspoke - Guttersniped remembers as do the people who've been upvoting my posts on the subject.

But more seriously, of course people memory holed the games from last season, why wouldn't they?

Guys don’t get magically good on the power play. They need reps, and some of those reps need to be in real games.

This is correct, but if they're playing poorly/mediocre 5v5 at present and have a history of playing poorly on the power play, I don't see a reason to give that player reps on the power play unless it's necessary by injury.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
You're right, I misspoke - Guttersniped remembers as do the people who've been upvoting my posts on the subject.

But more seriously, of course people memory holed the games from last season, why wouldn't they?
I remember perfectly well and had no issues with Nemec specifically on that powerplay last year. The whole thing was a mess and Nemec was fine. As I said in an earlier post he’s not likely going to be the guy who can create offense all on his own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad