Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
At some point Keefe might have to put Haula back on a line with Jack to help "fix" him. That would put all the lines in a blender.

I don't think Haula is gunna be the one to "fix" him

A wonder if a team like Nashville would want Ondrej Palat.
They have his buddy in Stamkos, Trotz is going all in for postseason and actually have cap space to make the deal.

NJ just need a warm body in return like Tomasino or Parssinen

No, I'd rather keep him, considering the playoffs is when he shines. Unless you mean if they're out of the playoffs, then sure.

Reactions: BostonDevil

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I mean, Clarkson scored 30 with Elias....

He did not. The year Clarkson scored 30, he had a revolving door of linemates, one of which was Elias, but he only played about 20% of his time with Elias. It wasn't until 2013 that he started playing with Elias the majority of the time.

Nemec was in his second year after the draft. Its okay to make mistake. For now its okay for Casey to make mistake until Pesce is injured. Players in their age can learn something and start to be better. If Nemec will not run PP, it will be harder for him to learn how to run it.

I believe noone is talking about waiting until he will pop for 100+ min, but I don't see the tragedy to try him for 20-30 min.

From the talent point of view its not that far from "let's bury Jack in the bottom because he was bad in his first season". There are some metrics that will support it, there are some metrics that will not support it. Overall Nemec is talented enough but not as experienced. But team has enough talent and experience to give opportunity for guys like Nemec and Casey to try and learn. Until Pesce and Luke will be back.

If Nemec were playing like last season 5v5, I'd agree, get him back out there on the PP, but he is struggling at even strength. Giving him more responsibilities and more things to think about seems like the wrong move at this point, especially when playing the PP last season cannot have given him any confidence.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
What do our pairs look like when healthy?

Dillon-Hamilton
Luke-Pesce
Siegs-Kovacevic
Nemec

Nemec really going to be out? Based on the way Kovacevic is playing I think he would be. Can't have him as a #7 tho. Casey will likely spend all year in the minors unless we have multiple injuries.

I switch DIllon and Siegs

Reactions: Hisch13r

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
He did not. The year Clarkson scored 30, he had a revolving door of linemates, one of which was Elias, but he only played about 20% of his time with Elias. It wasn't until 2013 that he started playing with Elias the majority of the time.

Whatever poindexter.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Speaking of players who immediately turned into pumpkins when they left the Devils, Ryan Graves has been getting 14 minutes a game for Pittsburgh. Seem to remember some discourse about how much he is missed here.

Jim's latest obsession =/= "discourse"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad