Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Just give Casey the Nemec treatment. Send him to AHL and put him in high leverage defensive situations and PK. Get the coaches down there to focus on his defensive game.

His effectiveness at the NHL level will always be limited by his defensive game and improving that aspect will make him a better NHLer.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I really don’t think Foote’s anything. The only reason I care at all is the forward depth is pretty bleak. Halonen’s the only extra I like at all. Kind of hoping they’ll use Casey as an extra up front if need be over other guys

Just give Casey the Nemec treatment. Send him to AHL and put him in high leverage defensive situations and PK. Get the coaches down there to focus on his defensive game.

His effectiveness at the NHL level will always be limited by his defensive game and improving that aspect will make him a better NHLer.

His defensive game really isn’t much of an issue and never has been an issue with his game. Idk why people think it is (well I obviously know the actual reason but like still)

Reactions: Bleedred and JK3

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I really don’t think Foote’s anything. The only reason I care at all is the forward depth is pretty bleak. Halonen’s the only extra I like at all. Kind of hoping they’ll use Casey as an extra up front if need be over other guys

His defensive game really isn’t much of an issue and never has been an issue with his game. Idk why people think it is (well I obviously know the actual reason but like still)

Nemec's defensive game wasn't an issue and never was an issue with his game. Doesn't mean that his year in the AHL wasn't productive. He'll learn more in high leverage situations playing big minutes in the AHL than he will playing a sheltered 12 minutes in the NHL with a decent chunk of that on the PP.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
We have two defenseman on IR that we're all putting into the 23 man roster, why are they sending Foote through waivers? Pesce will be back soon but Luke is not even close. I guess trying to get him through with all the other teams sending guys down.

Say what you want about Foote but Dermatitis sucks and is totally redundant with Dillon and Kovacevic around, just an absolute waste of a spot that will play 4 minutes a game.

Reactions: Bleedred

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Keeping all of their D is the correct decision, but I really don't like putting Foote on waivers. It's not the end of the world if we lose him, but I rally hope we don't.

Boy do I hope he becomes someone else's issue to try to force into the lineup.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Dang, they are playing the caps and hurricanes very early on the road. Didn't realize that. That will tell me a lot about this year's team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad