Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I was just joking.

To your point, however, I like attacking ideas, but I don't like attacking people. There's a difference, and you can disagree with ideas and beliefs without resorting to name calling and demeaning people who don't agree with you.
Oh please you assasinate my character every chance you get.

• Haha
Reactions: Deviled

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Nope.

We traded our first and Kevin bahl for 4 goals on 19 shots
Are we pretending that Kevin Bahl is better than any of the 7 dman we currently have rostered?

He'd have been on waivers yesterday after Luke and Pesce got healthy.

Or more accurately we wouldn't have Kovacevic right now.

Is anyone actually upset we have Kovacevic instead of Bahl rn?

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Are we pretending that Kevin Bahl is better than any of the 7 dman we currently have rostered?

He'd have been on waivers yesterday after Luke and Pesce got healthy.

Or more accurately we wouldn't have Kovacevic right now.

Is anyone actually upset we have Kovacevic instead of Bahl rn?
No

Bahl was gonna get squeezed out anyway. I said it early last year.

There’s 3 younger guys better than him (I even included Casey in that), Dougie is signed for 4 more years including this one. Siegs for 4 more years including this one.

And we were always gonna probably get a vet or upgrade on D, which we did in Pesce.

Bahl had no future here. I could see him having a full time role in the league for years like Jon Merrill has. Or I could also see him not being an NHL regular at all within a year.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Nope.

We traded our first and Kevin bahl for 4 goals on 19 shots
I tried to warn you all that the value given up in the Markstrom trade made ZERO sense. Check post history. Also ranted this team has been horrific at evaluating goalies for a decade now. Called Crawford obviously being cooked at time of signing as well. Didn't understand value given in Allen trade. I don't get paid millions of dollars to run a hockey team, so it'd be nice if this overpaid front office would get its head out of its ass.

Nah, let's just excuse these moves away by scapegoating Rogalski. Sure, he probably sucks....but if folks actually watched other teams play, they'd realize Markstrom is an average goalie with poor fundamentals and terrible positioning. His talent is his size. Allen is cooked. No contender wanted him for goalie depth for a cup run, but the genius playoffless Devs gave up a potential 2nd in a lost season. INSANE.

Let's give up material assets for mediocrity (at best) so the org can't actually improve the roster. Wouldn't wanna package them for someone that might actually be good anyway....like Askarov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad