Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bastian will probably be in opening night roster. I could see him being part of a deadline trade if a bit of salary and a body have to go the other way.
I'm not completely sure. I wouldn't be surprised if he falls out of favor or already has fallen out of favor. He wasn't all that good last year, then he got injured. I will say that after he got injured and we had AHL guys replacing him, that's when I think he would have been a huge upgrade.

But he's a UFA after this year and I'm pretty confident we won't re-sign him.

And remember, he wasn't in the opening night lineup last year. I was one of the people that was not happy with it. Some people downplayed it as him being injured and that it wasn't a healthy scratch, but I'm pretty sure it was. Although he did have injuries throughout last year. Can't remember if they were related or not.

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
I hope they take a shot at Stamkos. Probably wouldn't get him, but he could be a huge addition to this roster not only from a production standpoint, but also as a leader.

Reactions: Nico Hischier

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So far, this has been a team that has shown an ability to prop up it's goalies.
I've been saying this for a while now. Thompson is a guy I've been talking up for a while now as someone that I'd expect to fall apart when some stupid team trades for him expecting to be the starter. At least depending on what team picks him up.

He could go either way on Washington. Lindgren played well there last year, but he also didn't play well the year before that and looked more like the 29 year old NHL rookie that he technically still was.

Kuemper was awful there last year. He looked like a roasted marshmallow. He's old, rickety, broken down and washed up.

Reactions: Forge

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I hope they take a shot at Stamkos. Probably wouldn't get him, but he could be a huge addition to this roster not only from a production standpoint, but also as a leader.
No thank you, he’s gonna be pretty overpaid for what he is at this point. We don’t have the cap space for that.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
No thank you, he’s gonna be pretty overpaid for what he is at this point. We don’t have the cap space for that.

Skinner if he’d take a bit less because of getting paid by Buffalo would be nice but I also imagine he’s getting a decent payday

I kind of think that will just be Dillon or someone similar.

I mean you’ve also got Weekes saying top 6er and wasn’t the rumor earlier in the summer he wants to add a top 6er?

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Skinner is a guy I could see getting a 4 year deal somewhere. Without actually paying attention to what the rumored deals are for him.

Some guys get bought out and have to take a 1-2 year deal, then there's others that get bought out of a massive deal and are still getting a bunch of years. Ryan Suter got a 4 year deal right after Minnesota bought him out, which the final year of that was just bought out the other day. While Parise got a 1 year deal fresh off his buyout the same day.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Pesce over Roy is still just baffling me. Roy blocks more shots, throws more hits, has better defensive numbers, likely a better contract. Like unless Pesce’s taking a sizable discount to be close to home it reeks of chasing the name

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
I mean you’ve also got Weekes saying top 6er and wasn’t the rumor earlier in the summer he wants to add a top 6er?
I'm sure that they will add a forward or two. Not sure that they are going to be big names, or that they will add that person tomorrow (may be tuesday / wed). Given the talk on Dillon and Pesce already, I expect them to be day 1 signings.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I'm sure that they will add a forward or two. Not sure that they are going to be big names, or that they will add that person tomorrow (may be tuesday / wed). Given the talk on Dillon and Pesce already, I expect them to be day 1 signings.

If it's a top 6er it's got to be a somewhat big name.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
If it's a top 6er it's got to be a somewhat big name.

Semantical. Really based on your definition of "big name".

Teuvo Teravainen isn't a "big name" to me (Well...it's a big name in that Teravainen is double digit letters. But that's really more of a long name than a big name), but definitely a guy that is a good second line player, for example.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Semantical. Really based on your definition of "big name".

Teuvo Teravainen isn't a "big name" to me (Well...it's a big name in that Teravainen is double digit letters. But that's really more of a long name than a big name), but definitely a guy that is a good second line player, for example.

lol Well I mean if Dillon's being called a big name then a guy like TT or Duclair definitely is to me even as lower end top 6ers

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Would anyone dare try to sign any of those guys lol...I mean in a league that drafted garbage like Malloux I can't completely rule out someone going off the reservation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad