Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Screw these tournaments, I’m 100% against them. Same for the Olympics, they should go back to only amateurs.

speech-bubble-chad.gif

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
To add to my earlier post, after all that, maybe Nemec will be 100% good to go tomorrow for Slovakia.

Remember when Luke got crushed in the boards against Philly last year and was holding his shoulder? We were all sure he would be out, probably even long term, because of that hit.

Not only was he fine when the next period started, he scored the OT winner lol.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
To add to my earlier post, after all that, maybe Nemec will be 100% good to go tomorrow for Slovakia.

Remember when Luke got crushed in the boards against Philly last year and was holding his shoulder? We were all sure he would be out, probably even long term, because of that hit.

kanye-west-stare.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Devs3cups

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Oh man I forgot about that Luke scare. Thought for sure he was gonna miss a few months lol

Reactions: Devs3cups

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
That was a fun day. People celebrating outside, fireworks, people screaming out their windows. It really did feel like all of Canada stood up at the same time and cheered. For that brief while it felt like politics nor race or creed divided us. We were all just Canadians.

I think a lot of the players competing right now at the Olympic Qualifiers are wanting to have that moment to for their country.

i felt like puking. crosby ...ya, i'll pass.

and i hate fireworks.

i was not cheering nor did i feel any national pride

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
impossible to separate sports from politics
With all due respect this is a bit of a cop-out 99% of the time.

Besides, the no politics rule is ironclad on HF, if you can't talk about something without engendering your own politics then you can't talk about it on the open forum. The Gaudreau accident or the Nemec games for Slovakia there was absolutely no need for the politics, false equivalencies or name-calling that took place yesterday. Certain people just can't seem to resist pushing the envelope here or finding excuses to interject politics, even on a holiday weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Whaddagoal

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
The no politics rule is ironclad on HF though, if you can't talk about something without engendering your own politics then you can't talk about it on the open forum. The Gaudreau accident there was absolutely no need for the politics, false equivalencies or name-calling that took place yesterday.
The no politics rule on HF is not even close to ironclad, discussions which are political happen all the time (which is good). The mods broadly do a good job of recognizing what is political and sports relevant versus was is just political soapboxing.

They let me talk about labor issues, which are political, but also very relevant in a pro sports league with a union.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The no politics rule on HF is not even close to ironclad, discussions which are political happen all the time (which is good). The mods broadly do a good job of recognizing what is political and sports relevant versus was is just political soapboxing.

They let me talk about labor issues, which are political, but also very relevant in a pro sports league with a union.
Of course “politics” can mean different things to different people around the edges.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Of course “politics” can mean different things to different people around the edges.
Yeah, so saying there's a no politics rule is one of those things that may be literally true but isn't in any meaningful sense,

I do 100% agree that the behavior related to the Gaudreau tragedy is disgusting and that's why you have mods with the power to shut down certain discussions, of course.

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That and the main board is probably a bit more lenient than most local boards in terms of the 'around the edges' stuff, I'm not a global so I don't deal with that but I know it's definitely harder to keep people from 30+ fanbases in line so it's necessarily more likely there'll be a bit of wiggle room there. But imo it's definitely a you know it if you see it type of thing. Especially if it's the same people trying to push the envelope multiple times.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yeah, so saying there's a no politics rule is one of those things that may be literally true but isn't in any meaningful sense,

I do 100% agree that the behavior related to the Gaudreau tragedy is disgusting and that's why you have mods with the power to shut down certain discussions, of course.
I blame some of it on that poster who dive bombed the board to insult the Devils over the Nemec injury which sparked some tempers.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And not for nothing, 'we' may think Olympic tournaments and Olympic qualifying are who cares type stuff but you know who does care - the athletes themselves. We just saw this in basketball where all the NBA players including guys who've won multiple championships talked about and acted like a gold medal was just as important. Same thing with the tennis players and how disappointed Alcaraz was to not win the gold there. For them, the Olympics still have some majesty and cache even if it isn't the same format as a major in tennis or a ring in the NBA/NHL, especially for us. Playing for your 'country' is important to them.

Not to mention saying Slovakia had no chance to medal anyway so who cares if they qualify is kind of ignorant considering they JUST won the Bronze in 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad