Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
I question Ullmarks mental makeup. Can that guy handle pressure situations? He seems to turn into Vanacek come playoff time...
agree

0 interest in Ullmark.

If you dont get the starting nod in a game 7 in your Vezina year... something aint right.

Dead give-away... deeeead give-away! See a "good" goalie running to a non-playoff team's arms? Deeead give-away! Something aint right here!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Devils trading for Andersen? What in the…..

IMG_3925.jpeg

Surprised that wasn’t posted yet.

Just what we need, an old, declining and often hurt goalie who spends so much time on the IR that Daws or Schmid (one of them) are a safe enough bet to play more games than he does.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wait, why are we signing Tatar again?

Maybe Mr. Josh can make an account on here, if he doesn't already have one. And he can explain some of these moves.

Reactions: My3Sons

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
I normally would think this leak was us whining/ being defensive about not getting a big name goalie, but since several names are listed I assume it’s Boston’s front office putting some pressure on Ullmark.
Yeah... I think you may be correct considering Sweeney just said this to the media:

“We’re going to find a landing spot with Jeremy Swayman, and if we can make the math work, we’re going to have the best tandem,” Sweeney said. “If we can’t, we’re going to explore and/or Linus may come to us and change his mind. That may occur as well.

“Right now, he’s really happy. We were very happy to sign Linus. In a perfect world, we would keep the tandem because I think it’s [darn] good. But we’re going to explore opportunities. My phone’s going to ring, I’m going to make calls. That’s just what the job requires.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I missed this.

Somewhat surprising. Didn't think the devils would have as much interest in a goalie that would require a new deal.
I thought his trade to LA was all systems go, other than the fact that he wouldn't waive because he didn't wanna move that far away.

I wonder if it was a matter of him not wanting to that far away in-season or him not wanting to move that far away at all. Maybe that will be answered if they do actually acquire him this offseason.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
I thought his trade to LA was all systems go, other than the fact that he wouldn't waive because he didn't wanna move that far away.

I wonder if it was a matter of him not wanting to that far away in-season or him not wanting to move that far away at all. Maybe that will be answered if they do actually acquire him this offseason.
I remember there being some talk that la wasn't the team he vetoed and I think it was frank who said that the LA trade just didn't quite get finished.

That quote makes it seem like he vetoed a devils deal, but Weekes indicated that he vetoed a deal based on geography, so that would be weird to do for Jersey

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
"A league executive said Thursday he believes the Senators would likely have to offer defenceman Jakob Chychrun along with a first-round pick and another selection to acquire Ullmark. Even then, he has the hammer because he does have the modified no-trade clause"

Jesus lol
A lot for a guy who has turned into Skidmark in the postseason with an .887 SV%

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
"A league executive said Thursday he believes the Senators would likely have to offer defenceman Jakob Chychrun along with a first-round pick and another selection to acquire Ullmark. Even then, he has the hammer because he does have the modified no-trade clause"

Jesus lol

Wat?

Is he coming with an extension?

Ottawa traded their 2023 1st (#13), 2024 2nd (#49) and 2026 2nd for Chychrun and got 100 GP out of him.

It would be very Ottawa to trade for Ullmark without an extension, and have him walk, or trade him at the TDL for a worse return.

And by “very Ottawa” I mean dumb.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005

Jesus lol
I assumed that was if Ottawa was also including Korpi. Otherwise that seems off the charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad