HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

More accurate for the 2024 team

1714407570971.png

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
DeBoer ran that sort of offensive system (heavy forecheck and strong cycle) when he was the coach here. But we had the horses for that style then. Not sure we do now.
I should've stipulated the HSBE era. Yeah, when this group is older, I wouldn't mind DeBoer back. I liked him.

I'm a Sullivan, Brindamour or Cooper guy. Some structure with speed. We're such a dumb team and have had dumb coaches.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
With VGK seemingly cap strung and cant re-sign Alec, Marchessault, Stephenson etc thoughts on target Nicolas Roy (3 Million AAV) for our 3rd line center and potentially Adin Hill (4.9 Million) in net!??

Solves our 3 C and Goalie problem and could be cheap as they need to dump cap

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
sometimes i wonder if I live in a simulation full of people who try to say stupid things to make me angry
there is no universe where @Cheddabombs can be serious about something like that. If he is serious it's because aliens abducted him and are controlling him with an implant.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
None of that actually shows you anything.

Shot location doesn't tell you a player is driving the net or fighting for loose pucks at all. Not even a little.

Perimeter players still score from the high danger areas. To think otherwise is simply detached from gameplay.

The perimeter player arrives late and avoids contact and plays an opportunistic game... Or scores in deep through passing and openings vs a guy in the trenches looking for scraps taking the hacks and whacks and using his body...or actually taking the puck deep into the location through the opposition.

Shot location doesn't tell you any of that

Johnny come lately to the same location isn't doing the same thing as a bull with the puck at all...but your dot matrix could never in million years tell you that. Those charts are showing nothing more than shot volume.

But you keep believing in it.

The charts show you were wrong about Robertson but I guess you’re going to gloss over that even though that’s my main point.

I didn’t jump in until you added that objectively terrible comparison.

Sure Brady and Meier are power forwards, and Nico isn’t. You want 2 more top six power forwards? Ok, I’m sure Fitz will get right on that. They’re easy to get and so many. (So many that you trouble naming more.)

And Nico still takes the puck to the net. Not sure what games you watch where you don’t see that. You also keep claiming he’s 175 despite it being reported that he’s 20 pounds heavier.

Your analysis of Nico has always been off.

Who can forget your bright idea to trade Nico for a (unnamed) goal scoring winger and make Mercer our 2nd line center during the 21-22 season? If only we traded Nico for Laine…

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Agree with all of this, but add the loss to the Blue Jackets in the 2020 qualifying round to another one they lost to a team not better than them, along with the 2021 Montreal loss.

That loss to Columbus or whatever happened there.

View attachment 861506
The Leafs and the Blue Jackets finished tied in the standings when the pandemic hit.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Leafs and the Blue Jackets finished tied in the standings when the pandemic hit.
From what I remember, Elvis had a scorching streak early in the calendar year, but had already cooled off by March.

I don't think many people picked Columbus to win that and at the time, I would say the Leafs were expected to win that series.

Columbus made the playoffs several years in a row before that and swept Tampa the year before, but lost Panarin and Bobrovsky and they finished probably more in line to what their talent level was the next year, despite that being a shortened season and them being in a division mostly with teams that are not in their division in a normal season.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
From what I remember, Elvis had a scorching streak early in the calendar year, but had already cooled off by March.

I don't think many people picked Columbus to win that and at the time, I would say the Leafs were expected to win that series.

Columbus made the playoffs several years in a row before that and swept Tampa the year before, but lost Panarin and Bobrovsky and they finished probably more in line to what their talent level was the next year, despite that being a shortened season and them being in a division mostly with teams that are not in their division in a normal season.
The Leafs were definitely favored, but my point is that they were always overhyped and performance never has matched expectations. Sure they were probably better than Columbus, but they were still an 8 seed that had to fire their coach midseason that year. That was the same season of losing to the ebug.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad