Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
View attachment 911986
All for very good reason my friend. The simple fact of the matter is that they have a very strong and cup contending hockey club. And they are only a few miles to the east of us.

Dolan and Drury have built some club over there, and given the NJD fans enough to talk about and envy over there.

Too bad #BlitzFitz have not.
I still can't believe we went Jacob Macdonald leave.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
View attachment 911986
All for very good reason my friend. The simple fact of the matter is that they have a very strong and cup contending hockey club. And they are only a few miles to the east of us.

Dolan and Drury have built some club over there, and given the NJD fans enough to talk about and envy over there.

Too bad #BlitzFitz have not.

BlitzFitz is top tier

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
can’t believe they couldn’t even get these games on ESPN+… i guess the league is still trying to make it’s crummy network a thing. Guess it’s gonna be blacked out for me

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I dont know. In my opinion you should chonk some beer and have fun when you get the chance in your 20s. I don't think the stanley cup is lost because u weren't 100% in the first game of the season.

Reactions: TrufleShufle

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
MacDermid hadn’t confronted him yet. Thr next game they fought off thr opening draw and Rempe got thrown out. That’s the play. MacDermid needs to try to fight Rempe immediate every game. If they aren’t thrown out he needs to fight him the very next shift.

Idk what fighting Rempe is gunna do. Wait I do know, absolutely nothing. It's not gunna stop him from doing what he does. Only way to maybe stop him is to target their stars. Playing MacDermid to try to fight Rempe is dumb and pointless.

Screw fighting. The only way to deter Rempe is to bash Lafreniere head into the glass. Rempe will avoid show fights and take runs at Nico and Jack allllll day long. McD may respond to an incident but by that point the damage is done. It's asymmetrical now. Look at Pare and Laine. There is no fear with instigators.

If the league and refs don't protect the players...and they could give two craps...you need a psycho. @My3Sons has shown us the way.

Exactly this. Screw the "no assholes" thing, we need one.

You don't deter these players. The only reason they have NHL jobs is because they do big hits and fight. Rempe will take runs at top players every game, otherwise he's back in the AHL/ECHL. He'll continue to take runs at those players even if Lafreniere is forced to retire from a hit because its not about keeping players honest, its about keeping a job.

If he's still doing it after their star gets an injury as a retalation from his antics, I guarantee you he will lose that job :)

Reactions: Patrik26

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Idk what fighting Rempe is gunna do. Wait I do know, absolutely nothing. It's not gunna stop him from doing what he does. Only way to maybe stop him is to target their stars. Playing MacDermid to try to fight Rempe is dumb and pointless.

Exactly this. Screw the "no assholes" thing, we need one.

If he's still doing it after their star gets an injury as a retalation from his antics, I guarantee you he will lose that job :)

I highly doubt it. They would cry to the l argue who will absolutely side with them and he will get even more preferential treatment like Matt Cooke did. Remember how he was "reformed"? It was only because he played for the leagues darling team at the time.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Good primer on LTIR for the upcoming season...

For the Devils, they seem to think we avoid LTIR to start the season by just going with 21 healthy skaters:

1727971961196.png

The hiccup with this is that they don't seem to be including Hatakka into the equation.

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but since he is injured I believe he needs to be accounted for one way or another (i.e. he cannot be waived before the final roster submission).

The good thing about playing in Prague this year is that for the first two games of the season we don't have to worry about being cap compliant and these issues. It also gives us an extra day or two versus many other teams as to when our season starts after final roster submissions.

Assuming Hatakka's full cap hit of $775K has to be accounted for one way or another, we can submit a 23-man roster that includes Foote/MacDermid as the 13th/14th forwards and the usual suspects on defense, but not Casey (paper transaction down to Utica) with Hatakka put on IR. That would leave us with $151,103 of cap space that we can at least start to accrue for a couple days before the the home opener. Would also mean that DeSimone would have to pass through waivers.

By the time the 10th rolls around though, either Pesce steps into Casey's spot and Seamus stays in Utica or some additional moves need to be made. Waiving Foote ($825,000) on the 9th might allow him to pass through waivers a bit easier and would allow Casey ($950,000) to be put back on the roster while still having $26,103 in cap space, so maybe that's the most obvious move. Devils could also LTIR Luke and Hatakka to open up the roster spot while not risking losing Foote (or Lebanc if they ultimately go with him) since they wouldn't be accumulating much cap space during that stretch anyway.

Of course, any injuries in Prague would change this. This also doesn't account for how rookie bonuses are accounted for when submitting final opening night rosters as quite frankly, I just don't understand all that. I recall Nemec originally being on the opening night roster in 2022 because of this - if someone can explain how this all works, I would love to see it. Not sure if that would apply to Casey or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad