Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No, Lebanc is still around.

Hutchinson was released from his PTO today.

I disagree that Lebanc was never a consideration for this team. He's 28 years old with 500+ NHL games under his belt. I'm sure his play has fallen off (thus the PTO), but if we had some injuries at forward who exactly is getting the call from Utica? Nobody really stands out at forward.

As it stands (for now) the forward group is healthy. I would give him a big AHL salary as someone suggested and see if he'll play in Utica to add to our depth down there.
Yeah, I think Labanc was a serious consideration for the team. I think some now feel he isn't just because he isn't on the trip. But it's not like we need to make a decision on him before or even right after the two opening games.

I think they also wanted to leave behind some vets to ice a roster for these 3 preseason games, where the team will have none of the guys over in Prague at their disposal.

Reactions: Darkauron

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The game tonight is on TNT? lol. They knew exactly what they were doing with that one. How do we make the rags look as good as possible on national tv?
I thought that was bizarre also.

But I remember them having a preseason game last year about one week before the start of the regular season (I forgot what teams it was), so it's likely a tuneup and preseason game for their crew to call and produce one before the season starts.

I find it amusing that it's a Devils/Rangers game. Basically the AHL Devils vs whoever the Rangers feel like putting out there.
No, I think there is just chatter around Labanc because he’s one of the few question marks remaining in training camp. So the question is, what should the Devils and other teams be offering Labanc, if anything?
Probably around league minimum, to be honest. Not minimum minimum, but say around a $1 million a year deal.

It wouldn't have surprised me if he signed for $1.5-$2 million for one year during the actual offseason, but I think that ship has sailed. He's probably looking a million dollar a year deal for one year right now.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Yeah, I think Labanc was a serious consideration for the team. I think some now feel he isn't just because he isn't on the trip. But it's not like we need to make a decision on him before or even right after the two opening games.

I think they also wanted to leave behind some vets to ice a roster for these 3 preseason games, where the team will have none of the guys over in Prague at their disposal.

He only played 1 preseason game before the team left for Prague, so I'm not surprised he was left behind to get some more looks in preseason.

The extra skaters they brought in Bowers and White are 25/27 year old vets with basically no shot of making the opening roster and are highly unlikely to play in Prague anyway, so perfect for the taxi squad.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I had one of the stupidest dreams I've ever had last night or this morning not too long before I woke up. It was extremely vivid, but I still made sure to write down the summary in the notepad of my phone, in case I forgot it by now.

I was at a Devils game, not even sure where it was supposed to be. The setting looked more like a school gymnasium than an NHL arena or hockey rink of any kind.

I yelled something or was complaining about something that pissed me off, and Sergei Brylin yelled at me and had a few choice words for me. So I went off on him verbally. I'm sure I cursed and screamed at him as much as I could. And we got into it. I started up a ''BRYLIN SUCKS! BRYLIN SUCKS! BRYLIN SUCKS!'' chant, which I think I was the only one chanting it lol.

After the game ended, I was reprimanded by Scott Stevens, who gave me quite a lambasting, and even made fun of me for wearing a hoodie to a hockey game and not a jersey lol. What is the significance of that? I'm not sure, it's a dream, it made no sense. I'm not sure if Stevens was supposed to be a team employee also in the dream of if Sarge called in a favor to his friend for him to come out and confront me lol.

Don't ask why it was Brylin I got into it with, and not Dave Rogalski (who is never on the bench anyway) or Travis Green or Kowalski or some guy from the past. I don't secretly dislike Sergei Brylin or anything, so I'm not sure why he was the antagonist or target in my dream.

Don't give me too hard of a time, I can't control what I dream about.:laugh:
Short of you having a dream where you yell at Rogalski that is about as stereotypical a dream for you based on your posts. Thanks for sharing that.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

I wonder if they’re going to try and sell him on signing a two-way and being an injury call up.

He’s skilled enough so he should light up the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad