Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I have a stinking feeling that 3rd line will be an issue again this season. I just don't like Palat-Haula together....

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
The third and fourth lines are interrelated. Once again, Palat-Haula-Noesen will not work.

Siegenthaler-Kovacevic 😂 We should have kept John Marino, better two-way player but a bit more expensive. Crazy how much money $1M is…..(for those trying to minimize our financial health)

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
The third and fourth lines are interrelated. Once again, Palat-Haula-Noesen will not work.

Siegenthaler-Kovacevic 😂 We should have kept John Marino, better two-way player but a bit more expensive. Crazy how much money $1M is…..(for those trying to minimize our financial health)
Siegs plays LD. Marino plays RD. They are not interchangeable players.

Also, absolutely crazy to declare a line won't work when we literally haven't seen it on the ice.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I have a stinking feeling that 3rd line will be an issue again this season. I just don't like Palat-Haula together....

Palat-Haula didn’t play much together last year but they were great in their minutes. Year before as well not too much but were even better in their minutes.

I do not see why that 3rd line will not work.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
IF, the forwards stay healthy. I think our 3rd line will actually do very very well.

Our issue last season was the injuries and the constant rotations of lines and having ASS bottom 6 depth.

Adding Noesen, Cotter, Tatar and maybe Leblanc will help.

We went into last year with poor forward depth too but I still liked it a bit more than this group. The health yeah will obviously determine a lot but it’s really thin so it could go south fast

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005

I too would have liked to have kept Marino, but it wasn't possible unless the plan was to have Nemec mostly play in the AHL.

Personally, I think Marino's game is going to age really well. I'd take him back after Dougie leaves.

Reactions: theoptimist

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Even the cut list today is uninteresting. Cole Brown and Pikkarainen were sent to juniors, and two PTOs were released.

Reactions: My3Sons and Nubmer6

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Even the cut list today is uninteresting. Cole Brown and Pikkarainen were sent to juniors, and two PTOs were released.

Technicality, but ATOs.

Reactions: My3Sons

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

That sounds like an excellent 3rd line to me. Haula and Palat were both fantastic defensively last season, and Noesen is a perfectly capable player on a checking line.

Reactions: My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Palat to start the season 0 goals in first 15 games

Middle of the season wasn't much better ... December through January 4 goals.

February and March - 27 games = 3 goals. In that period he went without a goal in the 17 games from February 25 to April 3rd.

He's played 120 games for us and hasn't produced 20 goals yet. 13 goal pace per 82. 6m per.

Garbage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Billdo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad