Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023 training camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
The Athletic released their top 125 players list today.

1695042003051.png

Hughes was 6th overall, Nico 25th, Timo 40th, Dougie 44th, Bratt 63rd and Marino 123rd.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Сan you post other cards? You want to repost them for our fans too.
That's not very fair to the site people have to pay for.

As much as I'd love to post more for our base here, I think the Athletic deserves to get their money too.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
That's not very fair to the site people have to pay for.

As much as I'd love to post more for our base here, I think the Athletic deserves to get their money too.

Eh, that's debatable given how little Devils content they actually have nowadays, but I get what you are saying and I am usually cautious on how much content I post from The Athletic.

It is a bit sad how much the site has declined. I was fine paying full price a few years back given the quality and quantity of content, but that's declined sharply - particularly since I'm really only interested in Devils/NHL content and don't get much use out of the MLB or NFL stuff (which if I did, would make my subscription much more valuable). I just go for the $1 or $1.50 per month deals at this point and if those are no longer available, would be fine letting my subscription run out.

Our players. You can send it privatly.

I paid to Atletics but now they dont wanna take my money.

I posted all the Devils-related content from this article. Not sure if the player cards are available yet - I haven't seen them.

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Eh, that's debatable given how little Devils content they actually have nowadays, but I get what you are saying and I am usually cautious on how much content I post from The Athletic.

It is a bit sad how much the site has declined. I was fine paying full price a few years back given the quality and quantity of content, but that's declined sharply - particularly since I'm really only interested in Devils/NHL content and don't get much use out of the MLB or NFL stuff (which if I did, would make my subscription much more valuable). I just go for the $1 or $1.50 per month deals at this point and if those are no longer available, would be fine letting my subscription run out.

I posted all the Devils-related content from this article. Not sure if the player cards are available yet - I haven't seen them.
Oh I see. Images didnt upload somewhy from the first visit of the topic. Thank you!

Reactions: HBK27

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I expected all the other guys to be there, but it's pretty cool to see Marino get some love after the season he had.

Especially because his contributions don't always show up on the scoresheet, he could easily be overlooked by people who don't follow the Devils closely.
Yeah, it was good to see Marino on there. He really is critical to this team. He performed beyond anyone's expectations and was the absolute perfect piece they needed on the blueline.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yeah, it was good to see Marino on there. He really is critical to this team. He performed beyond anyone's expectations and was the absolute perfect piece they needed on the blueline.
Apparently he's scared of being touched and goes into the fetal position in the corner and sucks his thumb whenever an opposing player makes contact with him below the dots or along the wall.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
That's what I was told by PIT fans!
To be fair it was one PIT fan who eventually got bored and stopped posting in the NJ threads. It was just a strange take. Sure, Marino is a bit lighter than an average NHL defender but it's not like he was struggling with the boards or puck retrieval. Just a weird hill to die on.

Reactions: Guadana

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The Athletic released their top 125 players list today.

View attachment 743984

Hughes was 6th overall, Nico 25th, Timo 40th, Dougie 44th, Bratt 63rd and Marino 123rd.
Seems odd that Bratt is were he is...just from a team perspective, I'd have him well above Meier and Hamilton... arguably above Nico as well..but it's reasonable to give the nod to the center position...but their production is so similar both career and last season. Bratt's value is in the possession. His relCF% blows away everyone else on the team

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Saturday, January 20 • 7 PM​

VS. DALLAS STARS​

Ring of Honor presented by Citizens​

The Devils will induct their second honoree into the Ring of Honor prior to the game when they take on the Stars during this Saturday night matchup. All fans in attendance will receive a limited-edition Ring of Honor pin courtesy of Citizens!

oh? Lou? Brylin?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

Saturday, January 20 • 7 PM​

VS. DALLAS STARS​

Ring of Honor presented by Citizens​

The Devils will induct their second honoree into the Ring of Honor prior to the game when they take on the Stars during this Saturday night matchup. All fans in attendance will receive a limited-edition Ring of Honor pin courtesy of Citizens!

oh? Lou? Brylin?

I wonder if the Stars being the opponent has anything to do with it? Langenbrunner or Arnott, perhaps?

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I have a question for you, guys. Why Prudential was build with so limited amount of seats? Extra 2000 seats could benefit the profit part. Or does it make no sense because of the insufficient audience?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I love Langs and Arnott as much as the next guy, but neither should be up there over Sarge

I agree, I'm just speculating that perhaps the Stars being the opponent that night is meaningful.

And to Jim's point, guys like Lou and Lemaire should definitely be honored by the Devils, but they're already in the Hall of Fame. I interpret this honor as being for guys who are in the Hall of Very Good and made big contributions to the franchise, but would never get HHoF consideration.

Reactions: NJDevs26 and JimEIV

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It should definitely be Lou next in order of things, but I wonder if he'll refrain until he's retired.

For what it's worth (and speculating is fun), the Islanders DO NOT have a game that same night and actually host the Stars the next night. He'll just treat it as an extra night of scouting. :laugh:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I have a question for you, guys. Why Prudential was build with so limited amount of seats? Extra 2000 seats could benefit the profit part. Or does it make no sense because of the insufficient audience?
We went from 19,040 at the meadowlands to 16,514 in Newark...I believe it was done to add additional luxury boxes, the fire and ice bars, a restaurant and table top seating. At least that was what was talked about 17/18 years ago.

I agree, I'm just speculating that perhaps the Stars being the opponent that night is meaningful.

And to Jim's point, guys like Lou and Lemaire should definitely be honored by the Devils, but they're already in the Hall of Fame. I interpret this honor as being for guys who are in the Hall of Very Good and made big contributions to the franchise, but would never get HHoF consideration.
Interesting...I always interpreted it as most important to the franchise regardless of external factors like HOF or other league wide accolades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad