Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
This doesn't get talked about enough.

They routinely play him out of position, with shit quality line mates.

Didn’t Meier have some decent run with Holtz and McLeod? I like @NjDevsRR idea above of substituting Lazar for McLeod and going with that for a try if they aren’t just going to park him with Bratt and Hischier

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Getting really annoyed...where the hell is Jack Hughes?

Shocked he wasn't at practice today., unless he had a follow up appointment or something? This team is dead quiet on injuries and then they just "show up" at practice ready to go...

I find it hard to believe he hasn't been skating...its just this team gives zero details on stuff like that

Camille the Eel

Getting really annoyed...where the hell is Jack Hughes?

Shocked he wasn't at practice today., unless he had a follow up appointment or something? This team is dead quiet on injuries and then they just "show up" at practice ready to go...

I find it hard to believe he hasn't been skating...its just this team gives zero details on stuff like that
I’ve been assuming he’s as much as a week or even two still away. It will be 5 weeks on the 8th and 6 weeks on the 15th. Assuming it was a fracture of the wrist or arm - big assumption yeah - you always hear 6 weeks more or less. If it was a shoulder again could be quicker but we look to be more or less on the 5 to 6 week timeline if it’s later this week.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Wasn't Timo being used as shooter in the right circle of SJ's PP?

You figure they'd try him there after half the team went down and the PP tanked.

He scored most of his goals last year to heat up post trade too when Brunette finally put him there

Shit like today's practices lines is why Lindy needs to go but apparently it's a tough pill to swallow for the majority of this fanbase to say "miss the playoffs" because he's not getting canned if they somehow make it which is delaying the inevitable.

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
John Gibson isn't saving this team, he's literally Cory Schneider 2.0 before he fell off a cliff at the start of 2018.

Easily a top 3 food of all time

Ok, let's relax lmao. This season sucks but there's still plenty of things to be excited for.

I'd say the top 3 would be

1. Mexican
2. Italian
3. Indian

if going to a top five...

4. Greek
5. Japanese

Oh is that all?

Nosek is off that list?

THE CUP IS OURS!

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Well that’s a complete 180 LOL, Hughes Siegs Smith skating is huge

Coming to a theater near you

Meier Hughes Toffoli
Palat Hischier Bratt
Mercer Haula Holtz
Lazar Nosek Smith
Bastian

Siegenthaler Nemec
Hughes Marino
Bahl Miller

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I finished all my leftovers from yesterday today.

Tacos/burritos/quesadillas/tortas/etc are all bad omens for Devils game days for me.

Our record is horrible on days I eat that stuff. Maybe prior to last playoffs it wasn’t, but I remember having some for lunch on the day of one of the Carolina series games. I can’t remember if it was game 1, 4 or 5. think it was a Wednesday or Thursday. Game 2 was on a Friday and it wouldn’t have been on a Friday that I had them. And it wasn’t game 3 when we won. I know I didn’t have them that day.

Reactions: Devilsfan992

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
When Jack enter’s back in, I am pretty sure it will be the first time all season our forwards are all healthy. Obviously we will be missing you know who but it is nice to see

IMG_3585.jpeg

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Real Mexican and Italian or the Americanized versions?
honestly I love Americanized Mexican as much as authentic 'real' Mexican. It honestly depends on what mood I'm in.

I'd slightly give the edge to 'real' Italian over Americanized Italian but again, I enjoy both.

For example....

'Real' carbonara eclipses Americanized carbonara however I still enjoy Americanized, big meatballs in my rigatoni, garlic bread or a plate of Americanized fettuccine alfredo.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
honestly I love Americanized Mexican as much as authentic 'real' Mexican. It honestly depends on what mood I'm in.

I'd slightly give the edge to 'real' Italian over Americanized Italian but again, I enjoy both.

For example....

'Real' carbonara eclipses Americanized carbonara however I still enjoy Americanized, big meatballs in my rigatoni, garlic bread or a plate of Americanized fettuccine alfredo.

They all have something to commend them. I really enjoyed the differences between Americanized Italian and the various regional styles in Italy. I’m not a huge fan or Americanized Mexican food but I’m sure the real thing is much less reliant on huge piles of heavy cheese and heavy sauces/condiments on everything.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

For example....

I'd had many latinas GF's for Americanized Mexican food to let it fly with them lmfao, they'd have my head on the plate if I said Taco Bell or frozen taquitos for dinner lmao.

I finished all my leftovers from yesterday today.

Tacos/burritos/quesadillas/tortas/etc are all bad omens for Devils game days for me.

Our record is horrible on days I eat that stuff. Maybe prior to last playoffs it wasn’t, but I remember having some for lunch on the day of one of the Carolina series games. I can’t remember if it was game 1, 4 or 5. think it was a Wednesday or Thursday. Game 2 was on a Friday and it wouldn’t have been on a Friday that I had them. And it wasn’t game 3 when we won. I know I didn’t have them that day.

Best Mexican food ngl, cemitas are up there for me too lol

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
John Gibson isn't saving this team, he's literally Cory Schneider 2.0 before he fell off a cliff at the start of 2018.
I've been saying this for about 1.5 years now. He's probably not as bad as the 2018-2020 Cory Schneider (YET) but he's absolutely around the 2016 through 17-18 Cory Schneider.

He even had a very 17-18 Cory Schneider-like season in 21-22.

He was a .922% 33 games into the 21-22 season, but after 56 games which was his last of the season he had plummeted to a .904%. Regressing to what he was the two years prior to that.

Check out Cory Schneider 17-18

.923% after 28 games that season, before plummeting all the way to a .907% by game 40 and his last game of the season. Regressing right back to where he was the season before that.

Gibson isn't quite as old as Schneider was when his decline began. In fact, Gibson is now the same age Schneider was when he just started to decline. Gibson has been putting up declining numbers for going on 5 years now. He's breaking above average this season by most models, but can he sustain that through season's end? He was having what would have been his best season in the last 5 years coming into the all star break of 2022, before taking a complete and utter nosedive through the final 23 games he played that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy