Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Askarov is still super young to be hitching the full time wagon to.

Has never played a ton of games in a season either.

Does makes sense to trade Saros, but I do think they need a quality veteran in that tandem.

I much rather deal with a young goalie's growing pains in the hopes he can become a stud versus a veteran shitting his pants year in and out like what Toronto has done.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Nosek being back feels low-key huge, face off guy who plays defense and has more than 5 career NHL points.

I only hope he didn’t feel like he needed to rush back after McLeod left.
Head injuries are nothing to mess around with.
Doubting it as we've been icing some pretty bad bottom 6's before he left.

Reactions: Guttersniped

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I much rather deal with a young goalie's growing pains in the hopes he can become a stud versus a veteran shitting his pants year in and out like what Toronto has done.
I don't see how Toronto is the comparable though.

Philly with Hart would be the concern, and he was never leaned on too heavily.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Siegs got injured on Saturday, January 6th, which was 4 weeks ago yesterday.

I would hope that he is back skating within the week since the original timeline was 4-6 weeks....
Wouldn’t be surprised if he is in fact skating if that’s the timeline.

Seems like this year especially the team has just released absolutely no follow up news on player injuries until they’re back at practice.

We have no idea if Jack is skating as far as I know. It’s a wrist injury so we’d assume so, but absolutely nothing.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Oh, I definitely agree with you there.

I’d take a .900%-.905% for sure. But with 3 years term and at his salary, plus actually having to give them something like a roster player we need, who is probably better than him anyway, adjusted for position? I’ll pass.

And a goalie like Gibson, who is average at best and probably not even average? We’re probably looking at an .895%-.898% goalie on this year’s team.

And it could even be something like .890% or below that with a guy like Gibson.

If only you knew of a guy who was really a .920 goalie who was coming off a long injured stretch that reduced his trade value to where NJ could steal him from a bottom feeding team.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Putting him on third line LW just to keep Nate Bastian in the lineup is wild

JarJarBastian is the key to all this. If we get JarJarBastian working (pauses) because he's a better player than we've ever had.

Holtz
the-office-the-office-us.gif

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
They've consistently have dumpster dived with goalies with an elite forward core....?
But I'm not advocating Nash trades both goalies.

I'm saying maybe they should keep both. Or at least bring in a good vet if they do trade Saros.

Exact opposite of Toronto.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Just play him on the first line. Why the f*** do we have to galaxy brain this shit?

Just play Meier with Bratt and Hischier and let it marinate. Maybe it takes a bit of time but they can figure it out. Holtz’s time will be next year when Toffoli isn’t extended. For now I imagine Toffoli will play RW with Jack after Jack returns.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Tom and Ruff need to be fired. Tom for not firing Ruff, and Ruff for his shit pairings and shit lines and his love of Bastian who f***ing sucks.

My3Sons

Sponsor
can someone explain to me why Ruff continues to try Timo at LW when he was a RW his entire career in SJ?

Why does Ruff run a 3-4 without a nose tackle and slow outside linebackers. And then he wonders why his zone coverage gets destroyed when he gets no pursue on the QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad