Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Again, if people agree that our goalies are at best average, then trading for another average goalie does absolutely nothing. They clearly don't think our goalies are average.

I’m not being clear. I don’t think we are discussing the same thing. The goalies can be average or bad or anywhere in between. Sure it’s easier to get one goalie than age your young defense by two years doesn’t mean Luke Bahl and Nemec getting experience won’t make just as much of an impact

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I’m not being clear. I don’t think we are discussing the same thing. The goalies can be average or bad or anywhere in between. Sure it’s easier to get one goalie than age your young defense by two years doesn’t mean Luke Bahl and Nemec getting experience won’t make just as much of an impact

Idk, that's the post you responded to by @guitarguyvic

My3Sons

Sponsor
Idk, that's the post you responded to by @guitarguyvic

The team has so many problems this season that it’s really hard to isolate any one thing. I’m in favor of all of them being meaningful and it’s just too simplistic to point at one thing and think that’s the only change that needs to be made. It’s been frustrating for all the fans and I understand the emotional appeal of finding one flaw. Like Ruff has identified Holtz as the only problem the team has. Clearly he is on to something.

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
He is probably just going off the reddit discussions based off that 42 minute video and connecting the dots. 5 players were being investigated for sexual assault according to London police last year, we now have five players who took a leave of absence. So one could assume McLeod isn’t the “ten min” person based on those dots.

The nike employee is a new tidbit of info.

Thats everything anyone knows and could attempt to assume, we all wait til the press conference on the 5th

More is there. Even who is the one talking to the cops. Things were leaking hence NHL teams did not give a single contract for next year for the 5 players that took LoA. It's all lies here.

I don't have Twitter but apparently people were leaking there as well, but REDIT has good info including all names of people you are not even hearing much about yet. Who was buying drinks. Who brought the chick. Who drove her home. How. Who were guys that entered the room for Pizza only and left. Who exactly setup the slush fund. 2 years ago even pics from the party were flying around.

I actually don't care about this story as much as about the cover up, and the fact this forum has a clear agenda and is shilling.

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
Bizarre or not the elephant in the room is how this was handled. When this blew up first in 2018, NHL teams should all release any player that was a suspect. They should do it for their own good. But they did not, because Hockey Canada offered to pay this off and police closed the investigation. Problem is the case became criminal with a different plaintiff and that's when NHL clubs gave all those LoA guys contracts for this season only. They clearly knew who is who. Some guys were shipped off, some were traded, so were tried to be sold, but no takers.

What I'm trying to tell you is this, sad story for the girl in this case (btw she cant' be trusted 100% either), but the bigger picture is worse. HC had 21 cases like this since 1989. All swapped under the rug. I sincerely believe if HC and everyone else started throwing these guys under the bus (actually there is no bus, just let them face the law) from day 1 they would all be better off and there would be less victims from this. Not everything is money and lies. At some point you need to face the truth.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
If the trial becomes a multimonth/year long NHL story I'd def like to quarantine talk about it to a separate thread. I am still unclear on the publishing bans Canada has re: sexual assault trials but from posters here I believe once the charges and suspects are formally declared the media can begin discussing things openly.

Reactions: HBK27

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
This team plays little boy hockey. And I’m not talking about physicality.

Who’s responsible for that?
IMG_1782.png

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
It looks like Tampa and Detroit are shoring up the WC spots. I’m guessing Philly is going to keep sinking without Hart.

Obviously that leaves an opportunity for the devils to take the third metro spot but I have little faith that that a team so rudderless in 2/3 of the ice is gonna pull it off. My guess is Pitts takes that third spot.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It looks like Tampa and Detroit are shoring up the WC spots. I’m guessing Philly is going to keep sinking without Hart.

Obviously that leaves an opportunity for the devils to take the third metro spot but I have little faith that that a team so rudderless in 2/3 of the ice is gonna pull it off. My guess is AP it’s takes that third spot.

The Pens are probably taking that 3rd spot

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There's a reason certain things can't get posted, it's either because it's potentially libelous (and/or not public knowledge) or because you've just endlessly complained about the moderation on every board, which also isn't allowed and also is besides the point. This is DEVILS team discussion...you want to discuss the dark web rumors about Hockey Canada, go to Reddit or keep it to PM's.

Nobody cares about covering up for anyone else, but again this is WAAAAY off topic of the team thread. McLeod and Foote if they're involved can both rot. If they're somehow not, let them have their day in court.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bone Density

My3Sons

Sponsor
There's a reason certain things can't get posted, it's either because it's potentially libelous (and/or not public knowledge) or because you've just endlessly complained about the moderation on every board, which also isn't allowed and also is besides the point. This is DEVILS team discussion...you want to discuss the dark web rumors about Hockey Canada, go to Reddit or keep it to PM's.

Nobody cares about covering up for anyone else, but again this is WAAAAY off topic of the team thread. McLeod and Foote if they're involved can both rot. If they're somehow not, let them have their day in court.

Im skeptical it comes to that. The players have knowledgeable lawyers and the prosecutors know what they are doing. They will both know who the prospective jurors are. Presumably they will carve out plea bargains as appropriate.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
6 points out, lmao. Only way to get in is via the Metro and the Penguins will probably get it since Sullivan actually can coach

My3Sons

Sponsor
If they plea their way out of serious jailtime that'd be disgusting but they probably wouldn't ever play in the NHL again regardless.

I’m not sure what the specifics are and what precedent might hold but these won’t be the first guys to plea out this sort of event and there should be priors to compare it to on some level. Obviously not as high profile but look at the story behind the movie The Accused for bit of a primer on how it gets ugly if it plays all the way out.

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
5 pts out of 3rd in Metro with 3 games in hand. Need to beat Flyers and Pens, and need to actually start putting a good stretch together

6 pts out of WC2, 2 games in hand. Detroit is a hot and cold team, they are hot right now.

The 11 game stretch post ASG before the Cali road trip will be the season. 7 of them are home games. They need to wake up.

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IF Nosek and Jack can be back mid February, then that def helps the forward lines.

Bratt Hischier Meier
Toffoli Hughes Mercer
Palat Haula Holtz
Lazar Nosek Bastian

Moving on from the Willmans, Dowlings and Tierneys of the world will be a godsend.

D is still a mess

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Fitz is proving to be a shit gm.

The f*** it is. Don’t do this asinine cope shit to feel better about being a failure of a team if they miss.

Ok, enjoy Lindy for another 2-3 years then if they barely squeak in. The f*** do I care lmao

IF Nosek and Jack can be back mid February, then that def helps the forward lines.

Bratt Hischier Meier
Toffoli Hughes Mercer
Palat Haula Holtz
Lazar Nosek Bastian

Moving on from the Willmans, Dowlings and Tierneys of the world will be a godsend.

D is still a mess

Lmao thinking Lindy is playing Holtz with a full lineup

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Pens board hate on, complain about and blame Sullivan just as much, just FYI.

That's because their standard is completely different than ours. He's won them Cups + a part of them having that 16 year playoff streak that just broke last year + consistently made them good when their best players were out of the lineup (shocking I know as a devils fan), if their complaint is he's running their aging veterans into the ground then who the f*** do they have they can legitimately play? Their prospect pool is completely barren from years of competing and drafting at the 25 range yearly, their situation is us with Lou at around like 08-09 before we landed Kovalchuk.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
That's because their standard is completely different than ours. He's won them Cups + a part of them having that 16 year playoff streak that just broke last year + consistently made them good when their best players were out of the lineup (shocking I know as a devils fan), if their compliant is he's running their aging veterans into the ground then who the f*** do they have they can legitimately play? Their prospect pool is completely barren from years of competing and drafting at the 25 range yearly, their situation is us with Lou at around like 08-09 before we landed Kovalchuk.

Pens situation is much worse than ours in 08-09.

Elias was "only" 32 in that season, Langenbrunner was 33. We had Parise and Zajac, both under 25 at that time.

Crosby and Malkin are pushing 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad