Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Again.... Mislead by player and agent? What kind of moron GM is going to take a player and his agent at face value for a known situation that is very public.

That's turning a blind eye ("not my problem ", "I was misled") to what was already a bubbling and murky situation.

We already knew about McLeod being implicated early on, and Fitz goes gets a 2nd guy.

It's kinda outrageous he would double up our risk as a team and organization by attracting another player under general suspicion for a very serious allegation?

Puts this organization/team in a bad position.
he didn’t take them at face value, isn’t that clear by the fact that he only offered up a short term deal?

What exactly was the risk at play here with these signings? If they are cleared, great they move on. If he’s not, he’s off the team with no long term contract stipulations and some reinforcements that were signed.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Again.... Mislead by player and agent? What kind of moron GM is going to take a player and his agent at face value for a known situation that is very public.

That's turning a blind eye ("not my problem ", "I was misled") to what was already a bubbling and murky situation.

We already knew about McLeod being implicated early on, and Fitz goes gets a 2nd guy.

It's kinda outrageous he would double up our risk as a team and organization by attracting another player under general suspicion for a very serious allegation?

Puts this organization/team in a bad position.

It's not 'very public', come on. The publicly available information suggested that McLeod was likely involved, but not with any certainty that he was. So either Fitzgerald went with a don't ask, don't tell policy (this seems most likely) or asked the agent/player and they lied. What I do not believe is that a whisper network knew with certainty who the players who would be arrested are.

I also can't consider 'increasing the risk' signing the guy who ultimately ended up at 10th on your depth chart. A cynic could conclude that because McLeod was already likely to be implicated, signing another guy who could be doesn't change anything.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
OH MY to that thread which is now gone.

If you know you know
IMG_1620.jpeg

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Civil court(monetary) and criminal court are two separate court systems.

My best example of this would be Oj Simpson found not guilty in criminal court but was found guilty in civil court.

Civil v. Criminal.

Settled the civil lawsuit but that doesnt mean the govt can't come fo' your ass.
The settlement was for the civil charges brought by the victim. The current issue is criminal charges brought by Ontario.
In the car. Will post when I get home if nobody else gets back to you:
I’m making a citizens arrest on you for posting and driving.

This thread delivers.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
In terms of goalies and getting this discussion back to the team.

I wouldnt mind Vejmelka. Seems like Ingram has been the guy for them this year, and I think Vej is pretty good compared to the other guys we have been linked to.

Reactions: Guadana

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
In terms of goalies and getting this discussion back to the team.

I wouldnt mind Vejmelka. Seems like Ingram has been the guy for them this year, and I think Vej is pretty good compared to the other guys we have been linked to.
Everytime I see a Goaltender mentioned, I count down to the moment Bleed comes by and gives us his expert opinion. lol

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I get what you are saying but that is the part that pisses me off.

A little bit of shades of Chicago. Not exactly same but same sort of (oh I didn't know! We believed!)

Not remotely like Chicago, their upper management covered up a coach assaulting one of their players and then gas lit the player because the Head Coach didn’t want to lose his video coach before the playoffs.

Again, just because McLeod was one of the players potentially involved doesn’t mean Fitz should have guessed the outcome.

If you follow that logic than other HC 2018 players like Sam Steel, Jonah Gadjovich and Maxime Comtois should have not gotten a contract either because they potentially could have been charged too.

That would have been bad for the guys who didn’t sexually assault anyone but better safe than sorry!

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
he didn’t take them at face value, isn’t that clear by the fact that he only offered up a short term deal?

What exactly was the risk at play here with these signings? If they are cleared, great they move on. If he’s not, he’s off the team with no long term contract stipulations and some reinforcements that were signed.

He signed Foote. Isn't that clear enough?

The risk is the PR damage to the team for having two sexual assault accused players on the team.

Messed up team dynamic/morale/chemistry, PR problems for others in the organization to potentially have to answer to

Reactions: Guadana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad