Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Tomas Tatar - 2 years @ $4.5M AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Great signing and we still have a ton of cap space. A line of Tatar-Hughes-Sharangovich could be quite good at play driving and if Yegor can continue to be an above average finisher, productive as well.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
tenor.gif

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
It's probably the same deal we offered Saad.

I'm cool with it. Slots in nicely with Hughes and Govie. Gives Holtz two full seasons of development time without having to be rushed ( Barring injuries )
We would have definitely offered Saad more term since we allegedly gave him a real offer and he got 5 years/4.5m.

Tatar was getting lowballed and Fitz said f*** it. I was worried it would be three, which would have not been the end of the world but a bit much for me. Two years is easy peasy.

People bitched about scorers not being signed and now bitch about the kind of scorer signed.

Last edited:

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
So PuckPedia is a legit source? Fantastic news if true. Give Nico and Hughes as much weapons as needed to succeed down the middle.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Now for Tarasenko and if one if them gets pushed out of the lineup next year by one of the young guys coming up then you retain and shop em out
If he still has shoulder issues, that is risky. I think the second year of his contract could be an important year for the organization with trying to compete and his contract could hurt the opportunity to acquire others.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
If he still has shoulder issues, that is risky. I think the second year of his contract could be an important year for the organization with trying to compete and his contract could hurt the opportunity to acquire others.

Potentially. I think it depends more on the cost than the shoulder for me. If they’re trading for him you have to imagine they feel good about his shoulder and we’ll just have to trust them on that

13BearerOfHope

Hoppsassa Gügüü
Oct 12, 2019
We signed Tatar too? “Let’s get down let’s get down to business!” Is the music I hear playing folks! Great signing - we have a team!!

Reactions: Guttersniped

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Potentially. I think it depends more on the cost than the shoulder for me. If they’re trading for him you have to imagine they feel good about his shoulder and we’ll just have to trust them on that
I think I heard something about us not liking the medicals on his shoulder. It may have been Friedman? Can't recall exactly, but if that is the case, I'd assume we avoid him unless there is heavy retention.

The cost either way should be next to nothing.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I think I heard something about us not liking the medicals on his shoulder. It may have been Friedman? Can't recall exactly, but if that is the case, I'd assume we avoid him unless there is heavy retention.

The cost either way should be next to nothing.

He was on our section but he didn’t say specifically it was us. He said some teams don’t like it but wasn’t sure we’re one of them. I wouldn’t think we would’ve continued to be rumored to be in on him if we had an issue with it

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad