Confirmed with Link: Devils sign Tomas Tatar - 2 years @ $4.5M AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mj2sexay

Jul 2, 2009
Even with Tatar i think this lineup still has question marks

Zacha - Hischier - Bratt
Tatar - Hughes - Shara
??? - Boqvist - Kuokkanen
Wood - McLeod - Johnsson

If we can secure Tarasenko without moving roster pieces we can move Sharangovich to the third line. Otherwise it would become a lateral move at best.

Also I would strongly suggest looking at Brassard for a 1 year deal. He's still relatively young and I would feel more comfortable with him as a bottom 6 center vs Boqvist. Good, quality, cheap depth.

This team needs a bottom six winger and third line center in the worst way still. And they have the room to do it.

Honestly if its for a year, go get Bozak. I'd love to have Stahl but he seems the type that will wait out the market to go to a contender on the cheap.

Reactions: Bad Goalie

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Reserving comment until we find out term.

If it's a one year prove it deal, or even a two year term, then meh. He's still small, on the wrong side of 30 and has a penchant for disappearing for long stretches.

This honestly feels like Michael Ryder part 2.
We could use a guy or two (as long as they’re good) that are on the wrong side of 30. Subban and Bernier are the only guys older than 30 that we have right now. I’m pretty sure they’re the only guys that we have that are older than 28.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This team needs a bottom six winger and third line center in the worst way still. And they have the room to do it.

Honestly if its for a year, go get Bozak. I'd love to have Stahl but he seems the type that will wait out the market to go to a contender on the cheap.
Eric Staal is terrible and ancient now. He has 21 points in his last 74 games. Michael McLeod (who I’m not at all high on) can likely top that in a 3C role. I’m not sure Boqvist can, despite people being high on him.

Reactions: Wierzbowski426

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago

Needs to be at least a couple spots for the kids to "earn" we aren't exactly " going for it " yet.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Reserving comment until we find out term.

If it's a one year prove it deal, or even a two year term, then meh. He's still small, on the wrong side of 30 and has a penchant for disappearing for long stretches.

This honestly feels like Michael Ryder part 2.
This won’t be for one year, we can be pretty much sure of that because he was waiting for better offer while turning down one year deals.

We got Ryder when he was a couple of years older, the matching season for Ryder age-wise was when he went from the Bruins to the Stars and scored 62 points (35G 27A) in 82 games on a 2 year/3.5m deal. He had 14 points (6G 8A) in 19 games before the Habs traded for him, then he had 21 points (10G 11A) in 27 games.

Ryder wasn’t terrible his first year in Jersey, his numbers went down partly his PP production went down in NJ (after a ton on other teams). He was cooked by his second season but he was 34 and that happens with non-elite scoring wingers like clockwork at that age.

Tatar is different player too. Two years is fine and three years isn’t a huge problem.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
He’s a worthwhile short term solution to help us reach the next level while the younger guys develop. I’m all for it.

FWIW the guy reporting this is a respected Slovak sports journalist, so he wouldn’t be making this up. Like it or not, it’s happening. And let’s not act like people on this forum looked at him and thought that he’d be a good addition.
Numerous posters did think he would be a good addition though, because they like scoring. (I think it’s an ok move and blathered a bit on why I think his playoff benching is less worrisome then others do.)

Reactions: nugg

Camille the Eel

This won’t be for one year, we can be pretty much sure of that because he was waiting for better offer while turning down one year deals.

We got Ryder when he was a couple of years older, the matching season for Ryder age-wise was when he went from the Bruins to the Stars and scored 62 points (35G 27A) in 82 games on a 2 year/3.5m deal. He had 14 points (6G 8A) in 19 games before the Habs traded for him, then he had 21 points (10G 11A) in 27 games.

Ryder wasn’t terrible his first year in Jersey, his numbers went down partly his PP production went down in NJ (after a ton on other teams). He was cooked by his second season but he was 34 and that happens with non-elite scoring wingers like clockwork at that age.

Tatar is different player too. Two years is fine and three years isn’t a huge problem.
better minds than mine will consider this, but since armchair general managing is what this thread is all about . . .

the last thing we need is another little fast scat back of a winger who hangs on the perimeter, looks for open spaces and scores off the rush. And two or three years after we already have Johnson clogging up the arteries? And forgive me if I'm wrong but I doubt Tatar kills penalties either. Big mistake.

I'd like to see us find a 200 to 220 pound guy who fights to the front of the net and tips pucks and plays tough and forechecks and goes into the corners with a vengeance. Anybody with good hands. Hey didn't someone just sign Corey Perry again, who went to the finals with Montreal last year. Give me a guy like that, any guy, I'd have been for James Neal even if I didn't think he was finished

I will be so bummed to see us sign Tatar, who is probably also dressing room poison judging on his recent peripatetic NHL existence. He's exactly what we don't need more of. This will be exactly the kind of PR move to add a scorer that we shouldn't be making.

Reactions: LeedsMonster

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
S22JvZ.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad