Post-Game Talk: Devils run ends, lose in 5 to Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Tbh ironically I think Jesper Fast would be good guy for the bottom six if Carolina doesn't bring him back lol. Should be cheap and a short term contract since he's in his early 30's, good 5v5 underlyings, good forechecker, pk'er.

racamdim

Jul 14, 2022
Timo must be signed.

McLeod is THE must sign among the non-Bratt RFAs Bastian a close second.

Bratt only if he and his agent get real. Otherwise moving him is the quickest way to improve the roster.

Would keep Severson but he will get more elsewhere.

Haula stays if the price is right.

Sayonara to Graves, Wood, Shara, Tatar.

Bahl comes cheap or see ya.

Need to add grit and size.

Explore the goalie market aggressively. Look at Val from NYI (UFA) and kick the tires on Hellebuyck. Given where this team is in its physical and fiscal life cycle, I’d rather invest in him than Bratt.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I usually agree with this over a course of a season.

But it was staring at everyone in the face this series. Devils got creamed on the dot and it started a ton of possesion time for the Canes.

Didn't we win the face-off battle in every game but one?

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Timo must be signed.

McLeod is THE must sign among the non-Bratt RFAs Bastian a close second.

Bratt only if he and his agent get real. Otherwise moving him is the quickest way to improve the roster.

Would keep Severson but he will get more elsewhere.

Haula stays if the price is right.

Sayonara to Graves, Wood, Shara, Tatar.

Bahl comes cheap or see ya.

Need to add grit and size.

Explore the goalie market aggressively. Look at Val from NYI (UFA) and kick the tires on Hellebuyck. Given where this team is in its physical and fiscal life cycle, I’d rather invest in him than Bratt.

Casper Bratt can leave.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Didn't we win the face-off battle in every game but one?
Yes indeed which makes it more jarring. How many important ones they lost , or ones where they “won” but were immediately beaten to the puck.

Idc about faceoffs for the entire season and in round 1. But for whatever reason, Canes were dominant off the dot, even the ones they lost. It was almost automatic getting behind our lines and retrieving it.

Sorry to confuse you, when I talk “faceoffs” I am also talking about retrieving the ones we “win”. That 100% needs to be tightened up.

Last edited:
Reactions: billingtons ghost

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Feel like Bratt's gonna hardball via his agent and force this into ugliness.

Haula has my full support for another contract.

Wood, Tatar, Graves, Blackwood adios.
Severson will chase good money as he should.

Schmid gets the 51/49 share starts and rises to the playoff starter next year imo.

Nemec will be a delight. Luke will be amazing.

Find 2 UFAs to round out the grit/hustle that can play up and down the roster.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Nothing, just sign his arbitration award.

Christ, I don’t know how people can be so critical of his play but also angry that he won’t sign a long term deal.
That would be terrible assets management tho.

He signs his arbitration award and walks right to free agency

It would be dumb to think after 3 tough negotiations he just magically gonna re up on a long term deal the 4 go around

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
Nothing, just sign his arbitration award.

Christ, I don’t know how people can be so critical of his play but also angry that he won’t sign a long term deal.
I'd prefer a short term deal tbh. 2-3 years mid level but someone out there will give him more and I think he'll go for it. I don't want a 7+ hanging around our neck when it's time to up Mercer, Nemec, Luke, Schmid, etc. Bridge it at 6.5 and pack it with performance bonuses that make him put up to pay up.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I'd prefer a short term deal tbh. 2-3 years mid level but someone out there will give him more and I think he'll go for it. I don't want a 7+ hanging around our neck when it's time to up Mercer, Nemec, Luke, Schmid, etc. Bridge it at 6.5 and pack it with performance bonuses that make him put up to pay up.

Performance bonuses are not allowed at Bratt’s age.

I’m being completely sincere that Fitz should just sign his arbitration award. You’re going to have to pay full freight on a long term deal anyway, might a well get one more cheap year.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Why would other teams give anything up for him if he sucks? This whole discourse just makes no sense.
It’s not that he sucks it’s the elephant in the room that needs to be addressed at some point a decision has to be made by Bratt/ devils management. If Bratt is sitting here asking for the moon it’s an easy pass

I sit here and look at guys like jack doing anything he can, playing through a injury which sounds like he shouldn’t have been playing missing teeth, timo getting obliterated to the moon and still playing his game, Marino playing busted up, Luke Hughes at 19 playing his nuts off. I simply think of how come these guys can play like that simply and why cant Bratt ? Who looks like he went on a Sunday stroll at the beach for 12 games

That’s honestly my biggest gripe with him. There’s times where he looks like a legitimate top 5 player then there’s times where he’s just like meh

Reactions: Dialamo

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
Performance bonuses are not allowed at Bratt’s age.

I’m being completely sincere that Fitz should just sign his arbitration award. You’re going to have to pay full freight on a long term deal anyway, might a well get one more cheap year.
Do they allow option contracts still - like a 3 year + a 3 year option @ $XXXX? Seems odd you can't get a performance bonus on your 3rd contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad