GDT: Devils @ Leafs - 7pm - SN - The Rematch

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Yeah, and that's because every time he's been signed longer than a year he's coasted. And after a while teams figured out giving him anything over a year was a bad idea.
Or maybe being on a potential winner makes a difference to some people.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I know Sammy hasn't been great, but I don't think too many goalies are stopping that last one.
Seems like he picks up the puck late and isn't set, if he's on he's likely a little bigger and the puck just hits him

Reactions: Mr_Fun

Strangle

May 4, 2009
IMO we are better on defense than last year.

5 man unit defense may be a bit weaker but give our D is better than last year; with additional "Snot" I think Leafs are better positioned as long as goalie position holds and high AAV forwards don't go into a shell and produce

I agree, much better positioned but goal tending could ruin everything

Reactions: PromisedLand

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think we are rougher and tougher on the D sure but defensively... I think we are more inconsistent. It has been an absolute struggle in general for the PK and it doesnt help with the regression of Brodie due to his extenuating circumstances.

I agree "snot" is there now but I am cautious more than confident tbh.

Last eyar we ran

Rielly-Schenn
McCabe-Brodie
Gio-Holl

This year we are probably going to run

Rielly Boosh
Benoit McCabe
Edmundson Liljegren/Brodie

I really think our D positioning is better this year.

Our PK has been trash but special teams has also been a mess for us in playoffs. So here is hoping we do better this year. I really do think even strength we should be doing a lot better with spreadout offense.

Having Matthews-Marner-Nylander on 3 different lines gives Leafs a lot of flexibility that should pay dividends as long as they produce. At least one line should be putting in the offense at any given night during playoffs ;)

Our issues in post season has been goal scoring when the Core4 were usually shut down in top 2 line philosophy. This year we are "hopefully" going to have a different look with top 3 lines (and may be even 4 line) deep offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad