Proposal: Devils-Islanders

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RangerRick61

Feb 15, 2015
Canada
Doesn't make sense for the Isles. As good as Cammalleri may be, the last thing the Isles need is another undersized injury prone forward.

I agree, but the guy I quoted mentioned the Devils needed to add so I was curious to see what he thought the needed to add.

Islanders forwards should be fine this year, but need guys like R.Strome to play to their potential. They have plenty of high ceiling forward prospects too.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
It's a shame we can't involved Brian Strait in any more deals. He's the ultimate sweetener. Just add him to any deal and the Isles are overpaying.

I mean, who can turn down Bailey/Strait? Team Canada is the only one that doesn't need that type of talent.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
OP, want to explain why the worst offense in the league is trading their 2nd best forward (who had a higher PPG than Taylor Hall last year) to a division rival?

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Devils fan here. Why would the isles do this? Trade the younger player, who's less injury prone, larger in size, equal in talent almost and cheaper.

Edit: I change my mind, the more I think about it the more I realize Cammalleri is the vastly superior player. I wouldnt do it as a devils fan. Camm's injury woes are the only thing that makes this even close. doesnt work for either team.

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Devils fan here. Why would the isles do this? Trade the younger player, who's less injury prone, larger in size, equal in talent almost and cheaper.

Edit: I change my mind, the more I think about it the more I realize Cammalleri is the vastly superior player. I wouldnt do it as a devils fan. Camm's injury woes are the only thing that makes this even close. Isles would have to add.

Yeah , I am sure the isles are looking to get older, softer and shell out more payroll

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
Can't imagine the Devils are looking to downgrade their offence that much. Cammy had more points than Lee despite playing half as many games.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Cammalleri is certainly injury prone but he was having a top 10 forward season last year before getting hurt

this does not interest the Devils at all

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Yeah , I am sure the isles are looking to get older, softer and shell out more payroll

Hmm where on earth did I say the isles should do it? Oh yeaaaa I NEVER said that. I said the Devils shouldnt do it. We lose the better player when healthy and as for cap space we have more than enough. So keep your player and we'll keep ours and don't stop working on that reading comprehension buddy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad