Devils discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Are they chasing those guys, or is it merely internet rumors?

I'd be surprised if they add a RHD. And if they do, I think that means Marino is on his way out. Just don't see them adding a RHD with the intent of playing him on his off hand.
We'll know if Marino is moving in the next bunch of days.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
We signed him to a one year and traded him to the Oilers at the deadline. Didn't hear anything behind the scenes related.
I remember it being reported that he didn't want to resign here. I don't remember if it was after he was traded or before...but I definitely remember it being written that he wanted something else

Like a banker never wearing a mac in the pouring rain.
I don't know what that means.

Reactions: TrufleShufle

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Tbf the LHD market this year is kind of atrocious in UFA
Screen Shot 2024-06-26 at 5.06.37 PM.png

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
We are not looking for a #1 though. We are looking for a 2nd pair guy who can play heavy defensive minutes. Dillon looks perfect, shouldn't even cost all that much. Just get him and I don't care about the rest of the class.
I think Dillon gets a much bigger bag than we think this offseason. This year is the time to sign a RHD, next year is the time to sign an LHD.

I'd be targeting Walman tbh in terms of a guy to eat very tough minutes with Marino and kill penalties.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think Dillon gets a much bigger bag than we think this offseason. This year is the time to sign a RHD, next year is the time to sign an LHD.

I'd be targeting Walman tbh in terms of a guy to eat very tough minutes with Marino and kill penalties.
But we need a LHD that can kill penalties... unless Hatakka is going to be that guy? Right now there's only Siegenthaler on the left side.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Who is Walman?

But I don't think we need to sign a RHD at all.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Who is Walman?

But I don't think we need to sign a RHD at all.
LHD, Played the hardest minutes in hockey over the last 2 years on a pairing with Mo Seider. Excellent in 22-23, struggled somewhat last year, but again he plays ridiculously tough minutes. Good PK guy, should be able to be had for basically free since he was just for some stupid reason cap dumped to SJS

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
But we need a LHD that can kill penalties... unless Hatakka is going to be that guy? Right now there's only Siegenthaler on the left side.
I'm going to say there is no chance Hatakka is the plan at LHD. Not for this year.

If we sign a good defensive guy this offseason and Sieg's has a meh/bad year? Then Hatakka could be worked in as a 3rd pair defensive option in 25-26.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
LHD, Played the hardest minutes in hockey over the last 2 years on a pairing with Mo Seider. Excellent in 22-23, struggled somewhat last year, but again he plays ridiculously tough minutes. Good PK guy, should be able to be had for basically free since he was just for some stupid reason cap dumped to SJS
Jake Walman that's who I thought, I see he hasn't been able to play more then 65 games, but I wasn't aware he played such heavy defensive minutes. Signed for a couple more years though, I'd be surprised if Detroit gave him up.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Carolina shopping C Necas. Needs a contract. His 2-yr deal expired paying him $3 mil/season.
That's been going on for a few weeks apparently. The issue with him is that he allegedly insists on playing center and wants tip top dollar (somewhere I may have read $8 million per season range?). He has one more restricted year so Carolina will try to extract as much as they can get for him. Not sure he's a fit for NJ unless he wants to play a wing spot but at that point they have a lot of salary tied up in expensive wingers.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Are they chasing those guys, or is it merely internet rumors?

I'd be surprised if they add a RHD. And if they do, I think that means Marino is on his way out. Just don't see them adding a RHD with the intent of playing him on his off hand.
Thats a good point. They are all rumors and could totally not happen.

Its also possible that because of the Pesce rumor more rumors are going to come out involving RHD.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad