Speculation: Devils desperately need a goalie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Lol I remember arguing with a Devils fan relatively recently that Blackwood was not as good as Sorokin.

Yeah, but you were arguing with a Ranger fan that Shesterkin wasn't as good as Sorokin so you're even.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I think there's a wide range of possible outcomes for the Leafs + Jack Campbell this season that will lead to a wide range of possible destinations/contracts he'd be willing to accept.
A medium term 4 yrs, medium cap hit $5.0 for a starting goalie that is top 5-6 in all major goaltending categories (Wins, save % and g.a.a) doesn't really seem like its going to out bid the Leafs, or any other team in need of a starter. The Markstrom deal in Calgary was a case of a team offering more term 6 years and more cap $6 million than other teams. If 4 years and $5.0 gets Campbell signed there is no reason he wouldn't re-sign in Toronto.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Outta curiosity:
If Rangers send Geo to EDM and in this variation take back Koskinen, would you be interested to acquire Kosk? If yes, what do you offer? He is expiring...

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
allen would be an option

but to temper your expectations i have his trade value for the devils at less than cernak.

Allen would be an option if you're looking for a 30/35 games a year goalie, if you play him more his performance decreases sharply. I see the Habs trading Allen if Price does not leave but I have no idea about his trade value.

Goalies recently traded :
Kuemper : 1st + Timmins + 3rd
Vanecek : 2nd

So I'd say somewhere between both

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Allen would be an option if you're looking for a 30/35 games a year goalie, if you play him more his performance decreases sharply. I see the Habs trading Allen if Price does not leave but I have no idea about his trade value.

Goalies recently traded :
Kuemper : 1st + Timmins + 3rd
Vanecek : 2nd

So I'd say somewhere between both
the devils wouldn't pay either. in season they just need a stop gap. in the off-season there are equal options in free agency.

Reactions: HBK27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad