GDT: Devils @ Canes

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Just a reminder, Rask has a sister named Fanny.
0WYISJ.gif

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Not a total waste... at least they’re building on actual talent this time. Not just crapping away seasons on B-listers who don’t want to be here.

I’ve taken a pretty big step back from HF and hockey social media in general. Something happened which doesn’t need to be aired here (and which had nothing to do with HFCanes) that made me take a couple of days to re-evaluate the way I interact with this site, and next thing I knew that couple of days became a couple of weeks, and the itch to log in every 15 minutes just wasn’t there any more. And the thing is, the games are more fun when I’m not worried about LeafsFan1967’s hot take on Pesce or our attendance or how we celebrate wins. I’m just enjoying the games for their own sake and leaving the rest of my mental space for other things. Which is nice because I really don’t think I’ve got it in me to agonize over a whole season’s worth of Corsi wins and .890 goaltending and a 19th place finish. It’s probably best for my mental and general health to dial it back early.

Hmmmm.

Mod war?

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Not a total waste... at least they’re building on actual talent this time. Not just crapping away seasons on B-listers who don’t want to be here.

I’ve taken a pretty big step back from HF and hockey social media in general. Something happened which doesn’t need to be aired here (and which had nothing to do with HFCanes) that made me take a couple of days to re-evaluate the way I interact with this site, and next thing I knew that couple of days became a couple of weeks, and the itch to log in every 15 minutes just wasn’t there any more. And the thing is, the games are more fun when I’m not worried about LeafsFan1967’s hot take on Pesce or our attendance or how we celebrate wins. I’m just enjoying the games for their own sake and leaving the rest of my mental space for other things. Which is nice because I really don’t think I’ve got it in me to agonize over a whole season’s worth of Corsi wins and .890 goaltending and a 19th place finish. It’s probably best for my mental and general health to dial it back early.

You're a good fella. Enjoy your sabbatical. Looking forward to better times... some day.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
It’s probably best for my mental and general health to dial it back early.
I did this a few years ago and it was really good for me, though I took it further and stopped watching games as well. Prior to it, I could get really angry at losses, but since, I've even been able to laugh them off.

I would recommend the dial-back to just about anyone, as antithetical as that is to this forum.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I did this a few years ago and it was really good for me, though I took it further and stopped watching games as well. Prior to it, I could get really angry at losses, but since, I've even been able to laugh them off.

I would recommend the dial-back to just about anyone, as antithetical as that is to this forum.

The hot start raised expectations. I expect we'll all settle back into our apathy soon enough.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
The only thing that pulls me away is when good posters like BBA, thh, and WTF start withdrawing. I'm here for the good interactions and insight/opinions, so it's disappointing when y'all walk away, since no one I know in actual life are as big of hockey nerds as us. But do what ya gotta do, fam.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I see both sides. I too came here because I couldn’t find a single person in the state of Colorado to talk pro hockey to, even about the Avs. I was working in hockey rinks for youth and adult hockey, and playing on multiple teams......

And they tease you guys about being a hockey market.

So yeah if there’s a drop off in peeps it takes away a bit, but I’ve had a rough year overall myself so I get any kind of “step back” going on in your lives.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad