GDT: Devils @ Canes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Okaayyyy. Was genuinely curious as to how Ferland and Hamilton are doing as I don't get the opportunity to watch Cane games here in Calgary.

So much for North Carolina hospitality. See ya. :confused:

There's such thing as doing your due diligence before posting on another team's board to ask how the coaching is doing for them.

Näyttökuva_20181119_001.png

Dec 30, 2013
Okaayyyy. Was genuinely curious as to how Ferland and Hamilton are doing as I don't get the opportunity to watch Cane games here in Calgary.

Then choose a thread that those questions would be even mildly relevant in, not a gdt vs. The Devils. Also, don't include multiple paragraphs about the Flames that literally no one here asked for, because we don't care.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Then choose a thread that those questions would be even mildly relevant in, not a gdt vs. The Devils. Also, don't include multiple paragraphs about the Flames that literally no one here asked for, because we don't care.
It was an open thread. Im interested in former flames and I know a lot of cane fans liked those two former cane players sowhy wouldn't I think there would be interest in them. No need to act like a jerk about it. Forget it.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Because I completely ignored this game, they won. Figures

Way to take one for the team.

Sorry we’re a bunch of grumps here. But for valid reason as it looks like we’re gonna have our 10th year of no playoffs.

Ferland has been a fantastic fit for the Canes so far. I think we knew he’d be pretty good, but he’s exceeded our expectations. But there’s a worry if we will get him locked up and how much is it going to cost. As he’s a free agent next year. If we don’t get him signed that would be a huge blow to the deal.

Hamilton has been pretty meh so far. He’s shown some flashes of great play, but nothing consistent yet in a Canes uniform.

Most people here are starting to sour on Brind’amour already. Especially due to the fact we can’t score goals, our power play is poo, and our PK is awful. He’s been slow to execute changes to the team when things aren’t clicking. He claims it’s to build chemistry. But it’s frustrating when your 2nd line hadn’t scored but only 1 or 2 goals in 12 games? I will say the Canes have been in all but maybe 2-3 games this year, but just haven’t seemed to find the scoring touch to come out ahead. I think there’s still time for Brindy to prove himself as a coach.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Thank you. Someone who doesn't act like somebody pissed in their corn flakes. I appreciate the civil answer.

To add to my last post, Fox looks extremely promising. Has 15 points in 7 games so far. Looks to be the early leader for the Hobey Baker. But again the question is can we get him signed? If we get Ferland & Fox locked up I think overall it will end up being a very fair trade.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
To add to my last post, Fox looks extremely promising. Has 15 points in 7 games so far. Looks to be the early leader for the Hobey Baker. But again the question is can we get him signed? If we get Ferland & Fox locked up I think overall it will end up being a very fair trade.
Thanks. I was wondering about Fox. Fox could very well be the best player in the trade.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Polly prissy pants over here getting his panties in a bunch because someone asked him to “Please go away”.

Don’t let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya. Flames board is that way —>.
Being a hockey fan and having good manners aren't mutually exclusive... But in your case they apparently are. See ya.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Being a hockey fan and having good manners aren't mutually exclusive... But in your case they apparently are. See ya.

Paragon of manners and virtue over here comes into another team’s home and asking them “who pissed in their cornflakes”.

“Manners for thee and not for me.”

Please, we are not worthy of your presence. Ascend back to that ivory tower.

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Thank you. Someone who doesn't act like somebody pissed in their corn flakes. I appreciate the civil answer.
You should understand that if you had come in with willful intention to utterly piss everyone off (I know you didn't), you really couldn't have picked up better trifecta of timing, content and thread for your post. Hank saying "please" was a civil answer all things considered.

You hit right in the nerve as every off-season choice is being questioned as of lately, Lindholm is being severely missed, Skinner is doing fairly okay in BUF, and Toronto boys are vocally eyeing at emptying half of our farm as a plusplus on top of a rare ray of light D of us for some unsignable Swede dude just off his ELC who maybe might do as a top 6 center if we agree to pay him $8.5MM AAV.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Pretty sure Canes fans would get a similar reaction on the Flames board if the situations were reversed. It seems like thinly veiled gloating even if your intentions are pure.
My intentions were honorable and no canes fans wouldn't get that reaction. Here's a link where an isles fan asked about Hamonic last year. The Flames weren't doing well in the standings and Hamonic was having a slow start after the trade ... Very similar to the canes at the moment..
If other fans are polite, which I was, we treat them with respect.
Player Discussion - Travis Hamonic

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Problem with that statement, most of the inhabitants of Raleigh are from elsewhere, usually the NE, so you're basically talking to an extension of Massholes. I was once called a Masshole and I'm from NC :laugh:

Anyways, Ferland has been great. Hamilton is getting better.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Flames fan here. How are Ferland and Hamilton working out for you? I was always a fan of Ferland. When he goes into beast mode he's awesome but naturally he can't play that way 82 games a year. He has a great shot but he can be streaky. When he's not hitting and not scoring he can be somewhat invisible.

I was never a big fan of Hamilton. Sure he can score as he seems to have that ability to thread the needle with a point shot but his defensive game always left me wanting. Too bad he doesn't play like the big man that he is.. if he did that would be awesome.

How's the new coach working out. I gotta tell you, fans in Calgary are extremely happy with Peters even though he gave Mike Smith a much longer leash in net than they felt he deserved. I think the leash has been cut though now... I do see your point, at the time of the signing, about Deryk Ryan, but he's primarily been playing 4th line center. He did score a beauty of a PP goal last night against the Oilers, however.

Lindholm and Hanifin have been playing great. Lindholm scored twice last night and has 11 goals and 10 assists in 20 games. He has really meshed well playing with Gaudreau and Monahan. Hanifin had a couple of helpers last night and has zero goals and 7 assists. He's doing very well in the second pairing with Hamonic as his partner and he's averaging over 20 minutes in ice time per game.

Ferland is providing more scoring than Lindholm ever did for us, but we probably miss Lindholm's versatility on the PP and PK, and surely miss his face off acumen. Hamilton is a bit of a disappointment in what I thought we were getting, but he is better than Hanifin at almost everything I can think of. Fox is looking really good...hopefully we sign him. I still think the trade is even, but surprisingly, it is the forwards that look to be the better pieces in the deal.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Problem with that statement, most of the inhabitants of Raleigh are from elsewhere, usually the NE, so you're basically talking to an extension of Massholes. I was once called a Masshole and I'm from NC :laugh:

Anyways, Ferland has been great. Hamilton is getting better.
Glad to hear Ferland is doing well. We miss him here in Calgary. Hamilton will definitely get better. He's very talented when it comes to scoring goals and has been consistently so.
I was surprised at the reaction I got to my post as I've been to Raleigh and found people there to be very nice and hospitable but now that you explain the NE connection I totally get it. Thank you sir. I appreciate your explanation. Have a nice day and I hope the Canes make it into the playoffs. Ferland is a joy to watch when going to war.

P.S. I miss hush puppies. Man those taste good! They just don't exist up here in Canada or most other places.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad