GDT: Devils @ Canes Game 1: Back to the Future

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Canes move to 19-5 under Brind'Amour in the playoffs when not allowing a PPG. They're 10-21 when they do.

If they can just avoid going up against a hot PP this year...
This really is the main key I think. Special teams and the parade to the box has definitely hurt in the past few post-seasons. Fortunately NJ doesn’t have that great of a PP, especially against the Canes. It’s the one concern about potentially facing TOR and to a slightly lesser extent FL.

If the Canes can bring the intensity they had early in the game tonight. And keep it mostly 5v5 they’ve got just as good of a chance, if not better, than any of the teams that are left.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Speaking of PPs, I've been meaning to ask if there has been a difference in the number of penalties we've taken, regular season, postseason, and combined with Svech compared to without. And versus past postseasons. When he does play he gets even more penalties than he earns and refs don't call all the penalties other teams blatantly take against him. I've been too lazy to look up if there's a difference.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Canes played an almost perfect game defensively. It won't happen 4 games in a row. You could see the Devils peak out from underneath our blanket of suppression in the 2nd period. A few bounces go their way and it's a different game. I think the Canes have what it takes to win the series but there's a lot of hockey left. A hell of a start though.

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
The Devil expects the storm to pass quietly in the night.... The Storm has other plans.
d7388f88-4706-44b7-8fa5-832b9c0524d1_text.gif

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
You could see his frustration/sadness in his body language. He shook his head a few times..like he was at a loss.

The chance in the first period, with the wide open net getting blocked by the Jersey Dman, it was just tough to watch.

The good news is that he set up Aho with two ridiculous chances, one requiring a great save by their goalie and the other off the pipe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad