Confirmed with Link: Devils acquire Andreas Johnsson from Toronto for Joey Anderson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Seriously. I hope they change that crap up. Nico was just being wasted on the pp.

I can understand why the Devils would want to move away from using Nico around the net on the PP but that is almost certainly the best place for him there. He's not really good at anything else a power play calls for in the offensive zone.

Reactions: Ol Dirty Bstrd

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Wow just woke up to this. Known commodity vs potential. Right now I like the trade as I don't think Anderson will be anything special, but I know others really liked him on here. I wonder if this opens up the door for Wood to be shopped.
I for one hope they keep Wood.... I would like to see him get back closer to the 19 goals of a couple of years to go....But he is one of our few fast heavy playing forwards and showed a lot of compete and hustle out on the ice.....he can fight if needed too.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Hall did not "play" the Devils. He hurt his knee and could not be traded that off season. He played poorly to start the season and the Devils traded him. If Shero made moves to appease him that was his fault. Shero is gone so it is not worth worrying about.

Thinking that Shero made moves to keep Taylor Hall happy is ludicrous. Shero made moves, that didn’t cost anything but cap space, picks and mediocre prospects btw, to improve the NJ Devils.

Taylor Hall injuring his knee was a blessing in disguise and Shero hit it out of the park by moving a rental for the package we got.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Damn, that's f'n mean. :laugh:

I'd prefer to think of THIS as a reason.

Otherwise, I'd be forced to find out who this coach is and then call him an a-hole or something.
Google searching a lot of people said the coach story is real... But apparently in swedish mongo means idiot and I think it was joking? But oh well!

Reactions: glenwo2

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Sounds like you're giving a bit too much credence to Rachel Doerrie, who has suggested we don't develop players well and is an avid defender of John Hynes. I don't agree or disagree but I tend to take what she says with a grain of salt because she seems to have a bit of an axe to grind.

Yeah those two positions are a BIT contradictory. You can't exactly absolve the big-league coaching staff on lack of development, especially for guys like Anderson who've played 50+ games at the NHL level.

Reactions: Oneiro

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I like the idea of Miles Wood more than the reality. Think he's fine on the 4th line but probably will leave if we staple him to that role so might as well trade him beforehand.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
I like the idea of Miles Wood more than the reality. Think he's fine on the 4th line but probably will leave if we staple him to that role so might as well trade him beforehand.

I wish we could find a taker for him, but his salary is way out of line with his ability and role, and in this financial situation, not really a good thing lol.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Leafs fans are pretty critical, but I feel like he hasn’t reached his full potential yet. His numbers in AHL and SHL are fantastic, I think if he stays healthy and finds some chemistry, he very well could have a breakout season in a year or two.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
There is a slight chance Anderson becomes a better player than Johnsson. While I acknowledge there's a chance, it's slight, and it's not likely happening this year or next. The Devils need good players and they got a 2LW, 2nd pairing LHD dman, and excellent 1B for Joey Anderson and a 5th.

Reactions: My3Sons

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Leafs fans are pretty critical, but I feel like he hasn’t reached his full potential yet. His numbers in AHL and SHL are fantastic, I think if he stays healthy and finds some chemistry, he very well could have a breakout season in a year or two.
He played with amazing players on the Leafs, I’m not sure what chemistry could unlock. I’m fine with the trade and that’s with basically assuming the player he was on the Leafs is kind of it. We have multiple playmakers on this team so his production shouldn’t disappear here, particularly the goals. I just want him to stay healthy but I’m a modest person with modest dreams.

The best part of this trade is how Swedish heavy this team is becoming, it will be a full on Swedish Mafia when Holtz gets here. By trading Joey, I guess the only US prospects outside of the 2019 US National team two are Reilly Walsh and Tyce Thompson. I think that’s it.

Reactions: ninetyeight

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Hall did not "play" the Devils. He hurt his knee and could not be traded that off season. He played poorly to start the season and the Devils traded him. If Shero made moves to appease him that was his fault. Shero is gone so it is not worth worrying about.
That is your opinion but the facts say something else .....Hall was never going to resign with the Devils and he did the same thing with Arizona......He is a talented hockey player but lacks the traits of being a franchise guy....His whole career he never elevated or led a team he is not capable of it....He lacks the Stevens , Brodeur , and Messier traits for example and that of many other franchise players.....He is an add on player not the foundation of a team....The Devils and their fan base gave him the best of the best treatment and he didn't play it straight up .....See past comments from the Oiler fans it's the same....selfish me first player and like I said before just glad that they got rid of him before c19 hit and at least we got something for him....

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
That is your opinion but the facts say something else .....Hall was never going to resign with the Devils and he did the same thing with Arizona......He is a talented hockey player but lacks the traits of being a franchise guy....His whole career he never elevated or led a team he is not capable of it....He lacks the Stevens , Brodeur , and Messier traits for example and that of many other franchise players.....He is an add on player not the foundation of a team....The Devils and their fan base gave him the best of the best treatment and he didn't play it straight up .....See past comments from the Oiler fans it's the same....selfish me first player and like I said before just glad that they got rid of him before c19 hit and at least we got something for him....
The facts are the quotes I posted from the people involved. Where are your facts?

Reactions: Darkauron

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I was a fan of Anderson, but I think between Kuokkonen and Talvitie we should have a decent replacement.

Having watched a fair amount of both Anderson amd Talvite in WJC and in college games, if Talvite can get back on track and healthy, I can see him as better offensively and more versatile than Anderson. Last year Talvite looked like a player coming back from knee surgery but he may have also been struggling emotionally which is to be expected when a young person loses a parent. I am really rooting for him to rebound.

Last edited:

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
The facts are the quotes I posted from the people involved. Where are your facts?
All over and everyone knows from the Grabner trade (a disaster that was) to the PK trade the main focus was to retain Hall......Hall came out and said he wanted Devils to get more players for his final year I only won one playoff game (as he was outplayed in that series by Coleman) I am 27 lot of I'S for a team player.....Shero "Obviously some of the things we have done prove that we need to improve the team not just for Taylor Hall but for our team." B4 trade for PK he asked for the the thumbs up from Hall.....just a few examples.....My thoughts he knew he wasnt staying wanted Devils to have good year and boost his free agent value.....Hey not saying he's the worst human on earth not at all ,,,,just saying we were lucky it worked out the way it did..Shero your right is part to blame and I think the Hall situation blinded him or the owners ..I was at the Flyer game when he all but gave the fans the finger for booing which is their right to do especially when he wants to dictate what a team should do Lou would have shown him the door and thankfully Shero did.....Good luck to him in Buffalo

ChicksDigTheTrap

Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
All over and everyone knows from the Grabner trade (a disaster that was) to the PK trade the main focus was to retain Hall......Hall came out and said he wanted Devils to get more players for his final year I only won one playoff game (as he was outplayed in that series by Coleman) I am 27 lot of I'S for a team player.....Shero "Obviously some of the things we have done prove that we need to improve the team not just for Taylor Hall but for our team." B4 trade for PK he asked for the the thumbs up from Hall.....just a few examples.....My thoughts he knew he wasnt staying wanted Devils to have good year and boost his free agent value.....Hey not saying he's the worst human on earth not at all ,,,,just saying we were lucky it worked out the way it did..Shero your right is part to blame and I think the Hall situation blinded him or the owners ..I was at the Flyer game when he all but gave the fans the finger for booing which is their right to do especially when he wants to dictate what a team should do Lou would have shown him the door and thankfully Shero did.....Good luck to him in Buffalo
I am one of if not Taylor Halls biggest detractors on this board. I never wanted to re sign him after the knee injury. Having said that, Hall is not to blame for the Grabner or Subban trades. Shero has stated the Subban trade was his trade and he would do it again if he had the chance since he was let go. The only "blame" Hall could take for the Grabner trade is that he played at an MVP level and carried the team to the playoffs.

Hall hurt his knee during the 18-19 season. He played poorly in 2019 so the team never made him an offer. That is what the facts tell me. The fact that he gave the fans the finger has nothing to do with if the Devils offered him a contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guttersniped

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I am one of if not Taylor Halls biggest detractors on this board. I never wanted to re sign him after the knee injury. Having said that, Hall is not to blame for the Grabner or Subban trades. Shero has stated the Subban trade was his trade and he would do it again if he had the chance since he was let go. The only "blame" Hall could take for the Grabner trade is that he played at an MVP level and carried the team to the playoffs.

Hall hurt his knee during the 18-19 season. He played poorly in 2019 so the team never made him an offer. That is what the facts tell me. The fact that he gave the fans the finger has nothing to do with if the Devils offered him a contract.
OK you have your opinion and I have mine.....I gave you facts you continue to give your opinion based on those facts......Because funny how not one other player was asked about the need for a thumbs up on PK do I blame Hall no....They tried talking contract he continued to say at end of year just like in Arizona that's 2 Facts.. I think the whole hockey world knew that the mission of the owners and management since his mvp year was to resign Hall a FACT you continue to ignore....Whether you like Hall or not doesn't matter.....

ChicksDigTheTrap

Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
OK you have your opinion and I have mine.....I gave you facts you continue to give your opinion based on those facts......Because funny how not one other player was asked about the need for a thumbs up on PK do I blame Hall no....They tried talking contract he continued to say at end of year just like in Arizona that's 2 Facts.. I think the whole hockey world knew that the mission of the owners and management since his mvp year was to resign Hall a FACT you continue to ignore....Whether you like Hall or not doesn't matter.....
“It seems like both sides are OK with going into camp and into the season without a new contract," Hall said. "It’s really only in the last few years where there’s this whole paranoia about players playing the last season of their contract. So, we have a lot of time. I’m coming off a season where I played 33 games. I think, from the Devils’ perspective and maybe from Ray’s -- I don’t want to speak for him -- but I think they want to see me play and see how I do and see how I fit in with the team and I’m just as excited to see that as well.”

Here’s what Devils’ Taylor Hall, Ray Shero said about forward’s contract talks

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Wings fan coming in peace. Just wanted to say congrats on the shrewd moves by Fitz...R.Murray & A.Jonsson for a used puck & some backup goalie gear. Only the Panthers have made an equal amt. of good moves this off-season (not including draft).

That being said, we signed J.Merrill so any feedback is appreciated. What side does he prefer to play? What side D is he better at, or is he equally adept at both L/R. Strengths/Weaknesses. Reasonable expectations (on a lottery team), TOI best suited for? Thanks & we hope to see you in the playoffs one of these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad