Devils 2021 training camp thread (news, notes and speculation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I was told it's Blackwood and I really hope I'm wrong. HOWEVER, while he's our future #1, I feel in good hands with Bernier.... certainly much better than Wedgewood/Dell.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Loving these media day interview vids, getting really pumped up.

Graves, Sevs is totally pumped with that swagger smile. Tatar had a great interview as well like what I hear from him, straight shooter in the interview, easy, talkative, didn't hold back on any details.

Nico Zacha being Nico Zacha. Still getting to the rest of em, at least 5-12 mins long each. :)

Devils Arrive for 2021 Training Camp I BLOG

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Kuokkanen and Blackwood seem to be the 2 guys. I saw someone on Twitter say they met Blackwood the other day and he had a picture of them together maskless so you'd hope it isn't him. I haven't seen Johnsson but I believe I saw someone else in here say they saw him.

Yep. He’s on a Devils Instagram story post

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I was told it's Blackwood and I really hope I'm wrong. HOWEVER, while he's our future #1, I feel in good hands with Bernier.... certainly much better than Wedgewood/Dell.

With what the team said it seems to me like the player is going to get it soon. We don't even have a game in Canada until December so it should be fine

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Unpopular opinion:

Rules for where they can play aside, if a player fought off COVID, especially a symptomatic case like Mac did, I don't care whether they are vaccinated or not. I believe in natural immunity, knowing a number of recovered folk, and I am amazed at how a person's decision vis-à-vis the vaccine has become an indicator of intellect, or compassion, or one's worth as a person.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
My guess is Blackwood . With Fitz sayig “obvious” and I know this sounds bad but I can see Blackwood having a anti-vax opinion .

The obvious part clearly means there are different rules media wise for vaxxed and non vaxxed players.

Reactions: OmNomNom

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
See what I mean?
Its because vaccinations, historically, are supported by science and almost always are taken without much argument

but now, with social media giving every human possible an opinion, the ones loudest are those against them; in the past this wouldnt have been an issue as theyd be drowned out

its the concept that.. now that everyone has an opinion reaching everywhere in the world, the negative ones are louder than ever

by 2023, being unvaccinated will be a very small minority and that group will be hindered from doing things others can

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Unpopular opinion:

Rules for where they can play aside, if a player fought off COVID, especially a symptomatic case like Mac did, I don't care whether they are vaccinated or not. I believe in natural immunity, knowing a number of recovered folk, and I am amazed at how a person's decision vis-à-vis the vaccine has become an indicator of intellect, or compassion, or one's worth as a person.

This is generally a 'debate' for the actual COVID thread so I'll keep this short - you may believe it exists, and maybe for a short while that's true but it clearly isn't forever - exhibit A Lamar Jackson and his two positive tests inside a year.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Can someone please clarify - Are players allowed to play if they're not vaccinated? Or is there a rule within the Devils organization they cannot play?

How else would it be obvious other than explicitly say who it is , which I don't think is a good way to go about it.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Unpopular opinion:

is there a downside to just getting vaccinated anyway that i'm not aware of?

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Can someone please clarify - Are players allowed to play if they're not vaccinated? Or is there a rule within the Devils organization they cannot play?

How else would it be obvious other than explicitly say who it is , which I don't think is a good way to go about it.
Maybe they will make the person wear a funny hat, so that way it will be obvious.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
This is generally a 'debate' for the actual COVID thread so I'll keep this short - you may believe it exists, and maybe for a short while that's true but it clearly isn't forever - exhibit A Lamar Jackson and his two positive tests inside a year.

Didn’t Subban catch it twice last year (pre-vaccine obviously)?

Reactions: Hisch13r

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

If it's gonna be 'obvious' to the media then they might as well have said it instead of having fans play amateur sleuth on the internet for twenty-four hours or less before we find out the so-called obvious answer anyway. Unless they just can't say it because of NHLPA rules or actual HIPPA violations though the former would be silly if media rules are gonna make it known regardless.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

He can play in the US but won't be able to go to Canada. Our first Canadian game isn't until December anyway so if they get it soon it won't end up mattering

Reactions: Devilsfan992

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Yes, they can play. They face heavy penalties if they miss games and also more stringent guidelines on the road.

They also cannot travel to Canada

Reactions: Devilsfan992

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
you could argue we don't know the long term effects of the vaccine (sorry to continue derailing thread). in a sense, nature has forced everyone to fall into a herd mentality line (or else)

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
He can play in the US but won't be able to go to Canada. Our first Canadian game isn't until December anyway so if they get it soon it won't end up mattering

Even if you're one of those on the fencers, or you're one of those people who think they don't need it because they have antibodies already, this should be more than enough of a reason to get it. At this point, you're letting your team down by deliberately missing games. Hopefully this player gets it, especially if they are a key player.

But from Athletic , they said 100% of the active roster is vaccinated , so I wonder if it's just a random prospect.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
I didn't intend to sidetrack and only commented because the rash of posts regarding our non-vaxxed player. I don't like the judgment associated with the speculation. As far as your comment, vaxxed folks have also had positive tests after. My point was someone who has built immunity through fighting it should not be seen as inferior to vaxxed. But I don't intend to carry this on here, for the reason you mentioned. Thanks for the respectful reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad