Devils 2020-21 team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - part XIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I think it's almost all Blackwood.

1. The Devils PDO is 107.4 right now. Last year was 99.1.
2. The Devils CF% is 47.7. Last year was 46.2. Worse, but not by a ton.

Plus, as others have said, Blackwood's play allows everyone else to play with a bit more confidence.
Basically the Devils are playing like they did after Hall last played for them. That coincided with Blackwoods emergence. They played as the 8 seed from that point out with less than impressive underlying numbers. Figured to be more of the same this year with all the young Fs that would be playing. This year is about which of the young Fs are a fit moving forward.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Wood-Hughes-Palmieri = America f*ck yeah line
Sharangovich-Hischier-Bratt
Zacha-Zajac-Gusev
Johnsson/Kuokkanen-McLeod-Boqvist/Bastian

Murray-Vatanen
Smith-Severson
Kulikov-Subban

Willing to interchange Zacha and Sharanovich. Wood has improved a lot, and could use some more run. He's generating shots, and his passing looks milessss better. Zajac gets put back on babysitting Goose duties like last season.

I don't like the idea of Ty and Vatanen together. Too small, and there's a lack of make-up speed there if someone has to get back. This line-up gives the best size balance on the defence. Vatanen and Murray could be a very good first pairing. PK tends to have a lot of mishaps, and feel that Kulikov is a good partner for him as any.

I remember one shift last night after a PK where Wood was on the line with Jack while Sharang was recovering. It was all out chaos in the offensive zone and very, very entertaining to watch. My question would be whether it would be chaos in the defensive zone too. Luckily, we didn't find out last night.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I think it's almost all Blackwood.

1. The Devils PDO is 107.4 right now. Last year was 99.1.
2. The Devils CF% is 47.7. Last year was 46.2. Worse, but not by a ton.

Plus, as others have said, Blackwood's play allows everyone else to play with a bit more confidence.

how much of that is the 1st period against Boston though? Boston was 18-7 CF in that 1st period per NaturalStatTrick

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Theoretically should be able to be back for the Flyers game next week?

He can return for practice but I doubt they'd actually play him right off since he had no camp. He'll probably have to go through a number of practices first.

Reactions: glenwo2

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He adds firepower both at evens and on the PP.

The potential for an extra goal or two can help put the pressure off Blackwood and maybe even get Dell a win or two.

Nico obviously balances things way more, but Bratt is a big add.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
He will definitely need to practice some. New system and what not. My only issue is how much are they practicing now? With such a tight schedule Im sure they arent out there running long in depth practices.

He might have to learn some of the system from tape and meetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad