Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
0Zfmknf.gif

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
One thing I wonder about with Sharangovich is what kind of development he had growing up - I don't think Belarus quite has the hockey culture of Russia, and indeed Sharangovich is the first Belorussian player to score an NHL goal in 5 years.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
One thing I wonder about with Sharangovich is what kind of development he had growing up - I don't think Belarus quite has the hockey culture of Russia, and indeed Sharangovich is the first Belorussian player to score an NHL goal in 5 years.

Quick research shows he is the first player born in an independent Belarus to score a goal in the NHL.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This is probably why though he's vastly improved on the last few years, he's been getting much better development and quality competition. By all accounts he's worked his ass off over the last few years to improve his game, and he's sure bucking the KHL stereotype of players coming over but being lost defensively in the NHL as he's being trusted in all situations right now and doing well with it.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I keep trying to pump the brakes on Sharan, but he looks such a player. He oozes natural talent.

The key has been getting him into a proper training regime. Hats off to the organisation for that. Looks like the stint in the KHL has been massive for him too.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Dell would be good, but we may be better off letting Comrie play. I doubt the team would want 3 goalies in Dell, wedgewood, and comrie being around.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I keep trying to pump the brakes on Sharan, but he looks such a player. He oozes natural talent.

The key has been getting him into a proper training regime. Hats off to the organisation for that. Looks like the stint in the KHL has been massive for him too.
Looks like he will be a good one for the Devils. He could hit the wall this year since he has been playing in the KHL. The important thing is that he looks like a good player for 21-22 and beyond.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Someone brought it up in the post-game thread: Murray and Kulikov are exactly what the doctor ordered. As much as the NHL is getting smaller, you still need some size on the backend. The whole defence last season, outside of Mueller and Severson, was sub-6ft. Even PK is on the smaller side.

They're both so steadying. Once Vats is ready, I think the best balance of size would be:

Murray-Subban
Smith-Severson
Kulikov-Vatanen

Smith and Severson could get heavily deployed in the offensive zone, while the other two pairs take on bigger defensive responsibility.

As for the PPQB, they need to tryout someone other than Subban. Vatanen was effective at it last season. Severson has the shot, and is a better passer than PK, and Smith is definitely PPQB of the future.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Claim Dell?

Goalie people’s thoughts?
Interesting inside story on Aaron Dell. He went to the University of North Dakota and had a quite a good career. I believe it was his junior year when he really blew up and decided to turn pro rather than go back to school for his senior year. Once he declared he quickly realized that his market wasn't what he thought it was and during the summer tried to go to the coaching staff to return to school since he hadn't hired an agent yet. The problem was they already gave his spot away so they no longer had room for him unfortunately. That means he had to then go and sign a CHL contract and truly work his way up from the bottom league to get to where he is. While it is impressive, I do wonder what could have been for him if he played his senior year and signed a more lucrative NHL free agent contract and just how much exposure he cost himself.

A lesson on how important it is to get proper advice before making the decision to turn pro or not.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Dell would be good, but we may be better off letting Comrie play. I doubt the team would want 3 goalies in Dell, wedgewood, and comrie being around.

Waive one of Wedgewood or Comrie tomorrow after he is claimed. If they pass then send him to Bing.

Blackwood and Dell become our 1-2 and one of Wedge and Comrie on the taxi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad