Devils 2017-18 team discussion (player news and notes) - Offseason part IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth

Saw this in a main board post, found it to be pretty interesting
We have the most amateur scouting in the league, with 17 scouts!

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think he is too, but he has the AHL option, Blender does not, McLeod does not.

It's possible JQ gets the squeeze to start the year.

McLeod has the junior option though.

I don't see both of Speers and McLeod on the team out of camp, outside of the 8 game look or whatever it is. One of them I think has a good chance, I just don't see both.

Hynes and Shero have done a pretty good job of not making the Tedenby/Josefson/Matteau mistake of throwing players right in to the NHL, even if they might be close to ready. Santini looked like he was probably NHL ready out of camp last year and while he was technically on the opening night roster, but didn't play, they sent him back after a few games and had him play 20 AHL games before calling him back. They weren't hesitant to send Zacha back in 2015 either, even though he was only 18, whereas McLeod is now 19.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Hall-Zajac-Palmieri
Henrique-Hischier-Johansson
JQ/Blandisi-Zacha-McLeod/JQ
Wood/JQ/Blandisi-Boyle-Noesen

I do not want Zacha centering a bunch of rookies.

Hall Zajac Palmieri
Zacha Hischier Johansson
Henrique McLeod Speers
Quenneville/Blandisi Boyle Noesen

This is the most ideal lineup. There is a veteran presence on each line and only one player is on their off wing.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Zacha isnt going to play center

with Zajac, Hischier (whom they want at C from what they said), Henrique, Boyle, and possibly McLeod, there isnt really a spot for him at C.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ

Hall Zajac Palmieri
Zacha Hischier Johansson
Henrique McLeod Speers

This is the most ideal lineup. There is a veteran presence on each line and only one player is on their off wing.

Love the top three lines. I'd go Wood-Boyle-Q/Noesen

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Hall Zajac Palmieri
Zacha Hischier Johansson
Henrique McLeod Speers

assuming that Henrique doesn't get traded, put Wood on the 4th line LW spot and thats the lineup I would do as well.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

with Zajac, Hischier (whom they want at C from what they said), Henrique, Boyle, and possibly McLeod, there isnt really a spot for him at C.

Yepp. Just not enough center spots for him to play center right now.

Zacha won't be getting full time minutes at center until Zajac is done or if one of Nico or mcLeod fail at center.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I heard from a semi-reliable source that the Devils had the largest scouting staff in the league ~10 years ago, but I believe it shrank a bit when Vanderbeek was running out of money.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I don't see this as a certainty. McLeod could be juniors, he could be rw, Rico could be lw.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I can't wait to see the team speed. The potential of having Hall, Hischier, McLeod, and Wood on 4 different lines is quite something. And there's more speed in the pipeline.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Wasn't it confirmed that Shero and Castron greatly expanded our Euro scouting staff?

I don't recall but I was hoping that we didn't always have a large amount of scouts (due to the lack of quality of selections during the dry years).

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I can't wait to see the team speed. The potential of having Hall, Hischier, McLeod, and Wood on 4 different lines is quite something. And there's more speed in the pipeline.

I might put Zacha in there as well. He can really fly when he gets going, one of the few guys that could keep up with Hall last season.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
How fast is Nico? I figured he was near Hall's level.

McLeod is on a different planet. He is going to be top 5 fastest in the league.

I don't know if Nico is quite on Hall's level but I will defer to someone who has watched Nico more.

This team is going to be a nightmare to play against in the years to come. There will be a combination of blazing speed and size. Should be able to wear some teams down, especially late in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad