Waived: [DET] G Ville Husso waived by the Red Wings

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
people ignore the fact that every yzerman signing has been DURING A REBUILD ERA where he did not want to do too good because it would have taken him outta the 'lotto zone' and into a later draft position lessening the chances of hitting on draft pix while also costing important future cap space . obviously he cant say that , but its whats been best for the organization long term instead of signing better ufa to longer terms when detroit has zero chance of challenging just to try making the playoffs . instead he signed lesser players with good attitudes to help team culture , and their contracts expire once the redwings are ready to contend and cap becomes important . these people here ripping yzermans signings ARE NOT BETTER JUDGES OF HOCKEY TALENT THAN STEVE YZERMAN ! like they say 'hes playing 3d chess'

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
do people really think yzerman didnt realize that chariot-copp-husso-holl-etc werent excellent ???? do people really think yzerman knows that little about hockey players ???? no he knew damn well they werent excellent but he signed them to improve team n culture for now without blowing too much future cap space , like it would have taken for better players , because he needed the cap space to sign the new core guys like seider n ray and more guys in the future ! but know it alls dont realize theres no way yzerman can come out and say that about ufa he just signed . but maintain your smart ass fool attitudes n ego's like you know more about the nhl than yzerman

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
do people really think yzerman didnt realize that chariot-copp-husso-holl-etc werent excellent ???? do people really think yzerman knows that little about hockey players ???? no he knew damn well they werent excellent but he signed them to improve team n culture for now without blowing too much future cap space , like it would have taken for better players , because he needed the cap space to sign the new core guys like seider n ray and more guys in the future ! but know it alls dont realize theres no way yzerman can come out and say that about ufa he just signed . but maintain your smart ass fool attitudes n ego's like you know more about the nhl than yzerman
This is straight up coping. NHL gm's get things wrong quite often, and deserve criticism for making boneheaded moves. Stop pretending the guy is perfect- that is what people are actually pointing fun at, and you've completely taken the bait. Yzerman isn't immune to mistakes: he's obviously made some bad moves, it is what it is.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
This is straight up coping. NHL gm's get things wrong quite often, and deserve criticism for making boneheaded moves. Stop pretending the guy is perfect- that is what people are actually pointing fun at, and you've completely taken the bait. Yzerman isn't immune to mistakes: he's obviously made some bad moves, it is what it is.
i spelled it all out for you . and should have added the better ufa didnt want to sign on a junk team in the first place , so yzermans choices were limited . and adding imperfect ufa was better for the team today than adding nobody . but if you want to stay on your ego trip thinking you know more about the nhl than yzerman have a blast

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
i spelled it all out for you . and should have added the better ufa didnt want to sign on a junk team in the first place , so yzermans choices were limited . and adding imperfect ufa was better for the team today than adding nobody . but if you want to stay on your ego trip thinking you know more about the nhl than yzerman have a blast
My bad. Clearly everything he does is perfect, and nobody should dare question anything he does. Even if the impossible did happen, and he actually did make a mistake, it can just be explained away as people being on ego trips.

You're delusional dude

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
My bad. Clearly everything he does is perfect, and nobody should dare question anything he does. Even if the impossible did happen, and he actually did make a mistake, it can just be explained away as people being on ego trips.

You're delusional dude
you act like he had a huge array of players to choose from and like there is no cap . like every player wanted to sign with the wings . and like all kinds of the better but not great ufa dont usually get longer term than is ideal for a team , ecspecially ufa on the edge of being beyond prime and thusly not much help when detroits young core arrives . but yzerman had to deal in those terms which left him only able to sign lesser players even though he realized they were lesser ! do you realize the staff of pro hockey players and scouts your thinking like you know better than ? redwings knew copp doesnt bring lots of offense , but they also knew hes a hustling strong two way grinder 100% commited nhler . a guy to build culture and teach kids , plus played at michigan which helps culture / team chemistry . where as all your factoring in is how many points he scores . your in over your head

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
you act like he had a huge array of players to choose from and like there is no cap . like every player wanted to sign with the wings . and like all kinds of the better but not great ufa dont usually get longer term than is ideal for a team , ecspecially ufa on the edge of being beyond prime and thusly not much help when detroits young core arrives . but yzerman had to deal in those terms which left him only able to sign lesser players even though he realized they were lesser ! do you realize the staff of pro hockey players and scouts your thinking like you know better than ? redwings knew copp doesnt bring lots of offense , but they also knew hes a hustling strong two way grinder 100% commited nhler . a guy to build culture and teach kids , plus played at michigan which helps culture / team chemistry . where as all your factoring in is how many points he scores . your in over your head
This is all great but I don’t see how it changes the end result that he ended up with a shitty contract.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Legace actually had a pretty decent career. He was nothing great and he was never what I'd consider a particularly great goalie, but his only really bad season in the NHL was the second to last year of his career.

Husso is a one hit wonder. Only one good or even average or better season in the NHL. His NHL career almost definitely isn't over and he could go on to have more good years later on, but he's closer to Andrew Hammond right now than he is to Manny Legace.
Right or wrong I blame that entire 06 playoff loss to EDM on Legace.

His playoff stats in like every league were BRUTAL

Tell me you didn't watch the Blues without telling me you didn't watch the Blues
Not sure why you’re arguing this.

In 21/22 Husso was undoubtedly the better goalie of the two.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

You're delusional dude

Looking at it now in hindsight it was clearly a mistake. But not that big of a deal, and not something that kills their future with Cossa who looks like a beast.

At worst, this cost a multi billionaire owner chump change for a risk that didn't pan out. It hasn't hurt Yzerman's ego or reputation in the slightest.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Yzerman gonna be fired. His plan failed.
His plan is alive and well in various development leagues around the world. He's just killing time til the kids are ready. I know it seems to bug people for whatever reason, but Yzerman likely has the safest job in the league. He doesn't have to rush anything, so he's not rushing anything. Without lottery luck or top shelf players demanding to play for your franchise, there really aren't any short cuts. Draft and develop. He has drafted and is developing.

Reactions: SensFactor

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
people ignore the fact that every yzerman signing has been DURING A REBUILD ERA where he did not want to do too good because it would have taken him outta the 'lotto zone' and into a later draft position lessening the chances of hitting on draft pix while also costing important future cap space . obviously he cant say that , but its whats been best for the organization long term instead of signing better ufa to longer terms when detroit has zero chance of challenging just to try making the playoffs . instead he signed lesser players with good attitudes to help team culture , and their contracts expire once the redwings are ready to contend and cap becomes important . these people here ripping yzermans signings ARE NOT BETTER JUDGES OF HOCKEY TALENT THAN STEVE YZERMAN ! like they say 'hes playing 3d chess'
Im amazed that you genuinely believe this

• Haha
Reactions: Rafafouille

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
And then what happened?

Husso blew it in the playoffs, Binnington went in and they looked like contenders, got hurt, and Husso blew it again
Full season sample > 6 game sample.

Did you even check Binningtons stats the previous two playoffs :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad