Waived: [DET] G Ville Husso waived by the Red Wings

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Sorry, I thought they waived Holl, he wasn't claimed by nobody and then they recalled him because what remains of Jeff Petry (that he could not beat for a roster spot) was injured.

I must have been mistaken.

He literally played yesterday in a shutout win. For not playing much, he helped shutdown the Predators. Give credit where credit is due.

Stop projecting.

This is the Husso waived by Yzerman thread.

Just pointing out it could be worse. Husso signed for half the price as old man Ullmark and Husso only as 1 yr left. Things could be much, much worse.

Husso was a good signing at the time. He wasn't suffering from a core injury that looks to be ending his career. I'd be more worried about Ullmark considering his age.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
How is there such a contrast between Stevies time in Tampa and Detroit?

Is there some hidden AGM from Tampa everyone should be trying to poach right now?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
How is there such a contrast between Stevies time in Tampa and Detroit?

Is there some hidden AGM from Tampa everyone should be trying to poach right now?
There is a world of difference between Tampa's roster in 2010 and the Wings roster in 2019. And even then Tampa didn't win til 2020.

This shit takes a long time but people are always confused that it takes a long time.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
There is a world of difference between Tampa's roster in 2010 and the Wings roster in 2019. And even then Tampa didn't win til 2020.

This shit takes a long time but people are always confused that it takes a long time.

I appreciate that it takes a long time. During the long time Tampa went to the finals once and was annually considered the favourites even before winning. Detroit has been hopeful to make the playoffs at best since Stevie arrived

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I appreciate that it takes a long time. During the long time Tampa went to the finals once and was annually considered the favourites even before winning. Detroit has been hopeful to make the playoffs at best since Stevie arrived
Stamkos and Hedman vs Larkin and Mantha.

All his draft picks outside of his first 3 1st rounders aren’t even on the roster yet lol.

Doesnt change anything about what I said not being true.
If Matthews breaks his leg and turns into a 30pt player are you going to be saying “lol” about the Leafs? Nope.

Thats also ignoring that the $8M waiver has zero impact on the NHL roster.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Husso is Manny Legacy. Good in Spurts. A great damn season. But he can't carry the roll. If he plays too much he gets injured or goes thru horrible stretches. If he plays too little he ends up in a slump/not able to get going.
Legace actually had a pretty decent career. He was nothing great and he was never what I'd consider a particularly great goalie, but his only really bad season in the NHL was the second to last year of his career.

Husso is a one hit wonder. Only one good or even average or better season in the NHL. His NHL career almost definitely isn't over and he could go on to have more good years later on, but he's closer to Andrew Hammond right now than he is to Manny Legace.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Binnington had the 2nd highest goals saved above expected in the league last year
...and even deeper in minus the year before. Ultimately he's 31 and has four seasons displaying any kind of even mediocre starter ability. Husso was massively better that one year in St. Louis even if that's all he's got.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad