Proposal: Det - Edm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Honestly I'm not sure if I would even trade Larkin straight up for McDavid.

With the estimated earnings of Mcdavid to a franchise worth over a billion dollars, don't worry you'll never get him...not even for the entire Red Wings franchise straight up. :badidea:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Like both the Oilers players a lot. RNH is in my opinin the closest guy there is to Datsyuk in the league. He has that kind of smarts, I really think he will break out big time shortly. But he has a two way game to go with wonderful hands and vision both offensively and defensively.

Draisaitl was my favorite forward in his draft class. His skating needs just a little improvement but a very good player.

However, realistically I would probably be sort of embarrassed to actually hear the names Detroit would consider moving Larkin for. I am guessing it is a hilariously short list given what he actually is right now. Larkin has a ton of talent and a tremendous ceiling to be sure, but there is no reasonable deal to be talked about involving him. Hometown kid that has the exact makeup effort wise the Wings have been built on for two decades. He wears the C in Detroit after Zetterberg, he isn't going anywhere and that is just the reality.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
With the estimated earnings of Mcdavid to a franchise worth over a billion dollars, don't worry you'll never get him...not even for the entire Red Wings franchise straight up. :badidea:

You have countered with an equally flawed post in my opinion.:shakehead

Yes the Red Wings would trade Larkin for McDavid.

No McDavid isn't worth all but three hockey franchises by himself....

I would be stunned if for instance McDavid ever elevated the franchise value of Edmonton over Detroit. Though they should be able to push up a couple spots into the top 10 in terms of team valuation.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
This is not realilistic. Larkin is the best of the 3 and is Det's only real blue chipper right now.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Honestly I'm not sure if I would even trade Larkin straight up for McDavid.
You've got to be Larking me
1704050871_4715918843001_Gene.jpg

Seriously? I could see Draisaitl but McDavid?? :laugh:

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
As per a few other posters, obviously our teams both need D. So trading Centers just creates an inevitable "who's center is better debate" which I will not engage in.

But this thread does tell me that other teams have maybe seen Larkin play 1-2 times, and are impressed. We really like him, and his style of play. We think he is going to be a great top line player.

I don't know what that means per say (in regards to stats) but he is very fun to watch.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
To Edmonton

Dylan Larkin

To Detroit

Leon Draisaitl or RNH

(SNIP)

thoughts?

If it's a fantasy hockey trade, I might do it, seeing as Draisaitl/RNH might get more points, but in the real world, this trade makes no sense whats so ever, it doesn't address any needs at all for both teams.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Doubt very much the trade in the OP would ever happen. If we're ranking the players it's Draistal, Larkin, RNH for me.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
You can keep your 55 point, totally like prime Datsyuk RNH and we'll keep Larkin.

We both need the same thing. Swapping young forwards for no reason makes no sense.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
As a Wings fan, I'd trade 5 Larkin's for McDavid.

If 5 Larkins become ppg players, though...I'm not sure McDavid can sustain 5 ppg.

Just kidding but I wish we had 4 more Larkin-like talents, I would trade them individually or in pairs because he is always the ask for any decent D.

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
So as far as Larkin for Draisaitl or RNH goes I would prefer just to keep Larkin. I don't think he's really any better than either of those two, but no need to trade a player that's thriving for someone that's marginally better best case scenario. For those bringing up McDavid there is literally nothing the red wings can offer to even get the conversation started. He's just on another planet value- wise.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Like both the Oilers players a lot. RNH is in my opinin the closest guy there is to Datsyuk in the league. He has that kind of smarts, I really think he will break out big time shortly. But he has a two way game to go with wonderful hands and vision both offensively and defensively.

Draisaitl was my favorite forward in his draft class. His skating needs just a little improvement but a very good player.

However, realistically I would probably be sort of embarrassed to actually hear the names Detroit would consider moving Larkin for. I am guessing it is a hilariously short list given what he actually is right now. Larkin has a ton of talent and a tremendous ceiling to be sure, but there is no reasonable deal to be talked about involving him. Hometown kid that has the exact makeup effort wise the Wings have been built on for two decades. He wears the C in Detroit after Zetterberg, he isn't going anywhere and that is just the reality.

Great post. Summarizes why neither team would do it.

When it comes to Draisaitl's skating, he actually improved considerably this last season, but he seemed to run out of gas in the second half of it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Larkin become better than both RNH and Draisaitl, but I'm too big of an RNH fan to ever like the trade.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Yes both are 20 however Larkin turned 20 last week and Draisaitl will turn 21 in October. Not a huge difference since it's only 9 months but Larkin has 2 years left of ELC while Draisaitl has 1 year left. That extra year of ELC definitely is going to help Detroit while we maneuver some of our albatross contracts.

Theres a chance Larkin puts up a big year in his next 2 seasons and you will have to pay him accordingly. Leon really on has this season to put up huge numbers to command a monster contract before his next negotiation.

I'm sure both will end up costing pretty close to each other

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Theres a chance Larkin puts up a big year in his next 2 seasons and you will have to pay him accordingly. Leon really on has this season to put up huge numbers to command a monster contract before his next negotiation.

I'm sure both will end up costing pretty close to each other

That added year may help move someone or have a contract or two come off the books. Not sure your point. Kind of a mute point since it has already been discussed and we aren't ideal trading partners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad