Proposal: Det - Edm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Weird, An Oiler fan didn't start this thread and I havent seen one that really give a **** about the trade or the Wings cap. Now you know :laugh:

Nobody takes team needs into account. It's the exact reason why every thread turns into a giant **** fest.

RNH - Can't happen without a cap dump coming and RNH is better than Larkin at this point.

Draisaitl - closer in value per $. Larkin had more goals which Detroit may value higher than just point totals. Both are 20 and on their ELCs.

Does it not make sense what the poster said?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Nobody takes team needs into account. It's the exact reason why every thread turns into a giant **** fest.

RNH - Can't happen without a cap dump coming and RNH is better than Larkin at this point.

Draisaitl - closer in value per $. Larkin had more goals which Detroit may value higher than just point totals. Both are 20 and on their ELCs.

So why do the Oilers do this?
Most Oiler fans don't want to trade RNH and have two sophomores as their 1/2C. It's all moot because Lucic-McDavid-Eberle line is pretty much a lock to start the season
Whoop dee doo....4 more goals in 8 more games. Just a pure sniper right there

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013

Yes both are 20 however Larkin turned 20 last week and Draisaitl will turn 21 in October. Not a huge difference since it's only 9 months but Larkin has 2 years left of ELC while Draisaitl has 1 year left. That extra year of ELC definitely is going to help Detroit while we maneuver some of our albatross contracts.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I don't know that I'd call Larkin objectively worse. I'll wait until Draisaitl doesn't have Hall, not that Zetterberg is a slouch

I take RNH over both all day though

Zetterberg definitely was kind of a slouch this past season :laugh:

Draisaitl is the better player though, although that can easily change as both are so young with high upside. Both had a similar season where they exploded out of the gates (Draisaitl more so) and theno cooled down big time in the second half.

WingedWheel1988

The Captain
Jan 29, 2013
Columbus, OH
But why would Detroit want to do this? We need a RHD, not swap a young center for a young center.. and our cap is all messed up if we try to swing a deal for RNH.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
As an Oilers fan, Larkin is very underrated by our fanbase. I'd value him slightly higher than Draisaitl and I'm a big Draisaitl booster.. Larkin could be another Benn. Draisaitl is going to be an excellent 1C though.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So why do the Oilers do this?
Most Oiler fans don't want to trade RNH and have two sophomores as their 1/2C. It's all moot because Lucic-McDavid-Eberle line is pretty much a lock to start the season
Whoop dee doo....4 more goals in 8 more games. Just a pure sniper right there
Never said they would. It's stupid for both teams.
RNH would never happen so you can rest easy.
More goals is more goals. The sass is amusing though.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Larkin is the future cornerstone of Detroit's offense. I don't think we as Oiler fans can expect them to trade that, even if it is for RNH or Draisaitl.

Doesn't really work for us either. If we are trading a centre, it really needs to be for another RD, not swapping for a different centre.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Not going to get in a pissing match about who is better as they all will be good players and not sure that in 3 years you wouldn't group all 3 in the same category of skill, all with different attributes. It's personal preference, you might give a slight edge to RNH, only due to experience but that also comes with a much higher cap hit... so not sure it's an advantage at all.

This trade makes no sense for either side and both teams have the same needs... D.

Next.

DasKaiser

Jun 7, 2016
As a neutral fan, I'd take Larkin over RNH or Draisaitl.

You can't be serious! You must be a Yank and Wings homer! Straight up for either is a stretch, at best, but it is interesting. Thing is what does Detroit have in their stable for rhd. Maybe adding more pieces in this kind of trade would make it feasible and possible.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
You can't be serious! You must be a Yank and Wings homer! Straight up for either is a stretch, at best, but it is interesting. Thing is what does Detroit have in their stable for rhd. Maybe adding more pieces in this kind of trade would make it feasible and possible.

I'm a Canadian from Alberta and I'd take Larkin ahead of both Oiler players by a substantial margin. I'd take him over Monahan too and Monahan is clearly better than either of the Oilers players. I think you're severely underrating Larkin.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'm a Canadian from Alberta and I'd take Larkin ahead of both Oiler players by a substantial margin. I'd take him over Monahan too and Monahan is clearly better than either of the Oilers players. I think you're severely underrating Larkin.

5 posts before his an Edmonton fan said he has Larkin over Draisaitl, didn't call him out though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad