Value of: Despres to TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Reality? As in the Leafs last season holding back on the majority of prospects that season? The team that kept William Nylander in the ahl when he was clearly ready? The team that kept putting Sparks in net to tank it? Sounds like you need a dose of reality. The Leafs didn't wanna put their prospects in a losing environment for the majority of the season. If Nylander was held back, how in the world would others like Leivo make it? Don't pretend for a second that you have any idea what the plan was last year bevause it's fairly obvious you did nothing but a 5 second Google search. Lazy argument is lazy.

Get a clue.

I live in Toronto and have watched Leivo played live about 20 times.

How many times have you watched him play live? How many times have you watched him at all?

The Leafs had 16 rookies in their lineup last season. Nylander spent more than a quarter of the season in the NHL after recovering from a concussion. So a prospect as important as Nylander they had no issue spending 22 games in the NHL but Leivo they were protecting from a losing environment. Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

You don't have the faintest idea what you are talking about.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Get a clue.

I live in Toronto and have watched Leivo played live about 20 times.

How many times have you watched him play live? How many times have you watched him at all?

The Leafs had 16 rookies in their lineup last season. Nylander spent more than a quarter of the season in the NHL after recovering from a concussion. So a prospect as important as Nylander they had no issue spending 22 games in the NHL but Leivo they were protecting from a losing environment. Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

You don't have the faintest idea what you are talking about.

Many, as in a bunch...both with the Leafs and Marlies. He's a decent player...ideal 3rd line winger that can spend time on the 2nd line if need be. A guy i'd actually like to keep, but wouldn't be upset if he was part of a deal that upgraded our D.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Watched a lot of Despres when he was in Saint John.

The issue here is that by acquiring Despres we overflow our mediocre defense with more mediocrity.

I'd offer
Lindberg + Corrado
for Despres and a conditional 5th that converts to a 3rd if Despres can't stay healthy for the upcoming season.

Now before you all ***** about Corrado try countering this with something to spark discourse.

There is risk involved on both sides of a trade like this, but it's such a minor trade in the long run I doubt it has any effect

Corrado would be completely blocked by depth in Anaheim and doesn't really fit any need, so another forward would be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad