Derek Dorsett

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

salo franchise

Mar 15, 2014
If Dorsett did what Ferland does he'd be in the penalty box half the game. It will be interesting seeing if Ferland still has immunity if the Flames play the Ducks. I'm guessing not.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
If Dorsett did what Ferland does he'd be in the penalty box half the game. It will be interesting seeing if Ferland still has immunity if the Flames play the Ducks. I'm guessing not.

His immunity will last until he injuries someone then he will be treated like a threat to safety and watched like a hawk with the refs looking to get him. Until them he'll be allowed to roam wild and whistle free.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Again, all you need to do is look at Ferland. That's what Dorsett should be doing this series. He isn't.

Maybe he's not that good of a player, maybe it's fatigue from overuse. Point is that this contract looks bad already.

Funniest part is that Dorsett is the one that needs to be kept fresh, not the Sedins.

Benning takes a Ferland player in the 5th round of this years draft., all the Advanced Stats All stars will whine that we took a no skill goon instead of some midget with skill.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Benning takes a Ferland player in the 5th round of this years draft., all the Advanced Stats All stars will whine that we took a no skill goon instead of some midget with skill.

Ferland draft + 1 put the similar numbers to Virtanen in his draft + 1 and numbers Virtanen fans dream of in his draft + 2 (47 goals and 49 assists). Ferland kicks the crap out of our Petit and Steward and the like. great pick, he'd silience any doubters in no time.

Petit managed 27 points in 60 games....

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

nobody was mad when we picked alex friesen. you know why? because the number one reason we took him wasn't that he's eight feet tall, like every ****** pick benning made outside the first round

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Ferland draft + 1 put the similar numbers to Virtanen in his draft + 1 and numbers Virtanen fans dream of in his draft + 2 (47 goals and 49 assists). Ferland kicks the crap out of our Petit and Steward and the like. great pick, he'd silience any doubters in no time.

Petit managed 27 points in 60 games....

I can see it now "Why take the talentless goon in the fifth round when there was this guy who was 5 foot 7 who scored 1.25 ppg in the qmjhl we could have taken..."

A lot of fans don't want this team to draft Ferlund's. Thats fine, just admit it. Don't pretend you'd be all for drafting that kind of player when you know you wouldn't have been.

In 2010 we would have had to draft Ferlund in round 4, ahead of McNally. I can imagine the howls of hysteria- how dare we take the talentless WHL goon ahead of the smooth skating puck mover?

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I can see it now "Why take the talentless goon in the fifth round when there was this guy who was 5 foot 7 who scored 1.25 ppg in the qmjhl we could have taken..."

A lot of fans don't want this team to draft Ferlund's. Thats fine, just admit it. Don't pretend you'd be all for drafting that kind of player when you know you wouldn't have been.

In 2010 we would have had to draft Ferlund in round 4, ahead of McNally. I can imagine the howls of hysteria- how dare we take the talentless WHL goon ahead of the smooth skating puck mover?

Pretty sure that Ferland was drafted in the 5th round because of his size.

Even then he's only 6'0 not exactly a giant. Also scored 47 goals +1 draft year. Some Cassels like improvement.

Also, McNally is super ****ing talented. I'd take him at the time over Ferlund anyday. It's just that he wants to get a degree.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
ferland wouldn't even be in the series if it wasn't for bouma getting hurt. he's going to be a mediocre nhler at best

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East

Nah. Most people dont worry too much about drafting rougher and tougher players who can play a bit, in the later rounds.

Plugs who cant? Well yes.

Do you ever get tired of tilting at windmills?

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver

what does that have anything to do with what i said

anyway you're right, the advanced stats all stars will whine, and they will be correct. is it harder to acquire brendan gallagher or michael ferland? hmmmm. tough question.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
what does that have anything to do with what i said

anyway you're right, the advanced stats all stars will whine, and they will be correct. is it harder to acquire brendan gallagher or michael ferland? hmmmm. tough question.

gallagher played in the whl, Gillis refused to draft from there. we weren't getting ferland or Gallagher.

arsmaster*

Quit making stuff up.

Seriously.

Mackenzie Stewart was drafted in his second year of eligibility. He was a terrible pick with no upside.

Ferland is a guy who had better attributes and was stuck playing down the lineup on a deep championship caliber WHL squad.

He was drafted because of potential upside. This wasn't the case for Mackenzie Stewart, they year he was drafted was his true draft+1, this past season was his draft+2. He didn't improve. He was still a bottom pairing defensman.

Ferland and his teammate Mark Stone (45 picks after Ferland) are the exact type of picks you want late, guys you think that are stuck behind veterans in the CHL who look poised to breakout. There is a difference between drafting 4th line CHLers with low upsides and projecting guys who just haven't received the opportunities.

I'm sure Calgary sees more in Ferland that ultimately being a Derek Dorsett-esque 4th liner, he wasn't drafted to be a 4th liner like Pettit and Stewart were.

Now if you really felt like doing your homework, you'd see that among the smallish players that were debated for that spot, there were also some sizeable CHLers people wanted that had more upside and were more important contributors at that level - Matt Mistele and Jacob Middleton, who basically have the same sort of upper end projection as Stewart and Pettit, but have track records of playing better competition (top pair defensman/top 6 winger). It's more likely these guys turn into NHL assets than guys like Pettit and Stewart who can't get off the bottom pair and the bottom lines in the CHL.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
completely ****ing useless

gonna look forward to intangibles being too slow to hit anyone for the next 4 years

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
did absolutely nothing productive against calgary, yet somehow always found himself out in the final 2 minutes of hockey games when the canucks needed a goal

oh well, i'm sure energy players age like a fine wine

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
too small. gets beat in every board battle. hits don't faze one of the smallest D core in the league.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm a Dorsett fan, though not a fan of his contract. He was completely irrelevant this series. I won't say "bad" because I don't think he was bad, but he was an irrelevant non-factor.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Complete non-factor. Charging was being let go in this series and he still has no impact. It's made worse that he's deployed by Willie with 2 mins left in the game to tie it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad