Confirmed with Link: demelo 4 years 4.9 aav

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
People tend to characterize DeMelo as a defence-only complementary piece, but he is more than that.

If I described a player who was the #2 D on a top-5 regular season, Jennings trophy team, but who also had increased his offensive production every year he'd been on his team, and was now (roughly) a top-50 point getting D with the second best +/- in the entire league, how much would you guess he was worth?

How about if I then told you he had quietly become part of the leadership group that defined the best of TNSE values and a new Jets dressing room culture?

Great signing!

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Excellent news. I lost count on how many other teams threads here on HF had them wanting to sign Demelo.

We would have been in big trouble on the right if he didn't extend, and now it gives the Jets a "little" flexibility in terms of absolutley needing a RHD in either an Ehlers or McGroarty trade.

Also, 4 years is a nice term for the Jets, and at this cap hit and the cap going up, if the Jets can indeed acquire another good RHD (along with Salo hopefully), this contract can easily be handled if he moves down the pairings towards the end of the deal.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Very good news indeed. Nice to have you back Dylan...

demelo_dylan.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad