Delta Center Everything Thread

redwings86

I understood english and hockey
Apr 15, 2024
Sweden
Today's arena in Salt Lake City is little over 4000 viewers.

Today's arena for the hockey team is at European hockey level.

Maybe the Utah owner wants to build a multi arena for Utah Hockey Club of 10,000 or 15,000 of just seats.

New arena project will cost quite a lot but the club owner can afford the arena money.

A smart arena is good.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
The Delta Center seats 16k people, with about 11k of those being unobstructed seats. They already announced plans to renovate the Delta Center, and afterwards it'll have 17k unobstructed seats.

Reactions: redwings86

redwings86

I understood english and hockey
Apr 15, 2024
Sweden
The Delta Center seats 16k people, with about 11k of those being unobstructed seats. They already announced plans to renovate the Delta Center, and afterwards it'll have 17k unobstructed seats.

From approx 12,000 to 17,000 at hockey games after reconstruction is better what I know first.

I read on the wrong arena site first.

The problem is solved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shepard

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Public funding mechanisms in Utah hasn’t been abused enough yet.

Plus Smith has huge political connections and with the Mormon church.
No, I think the Utah politicians are making moves for the greater good, like they were elected to do. We have ding bats elected in Arizona. Bettman said as much when he stated the political landscape has to change for a team to return.

I'm not sure many believed he actually had the money and planned to use his own?? He wasn't exactly a trusted partner by pretty much anyone.
We will never know now will we. It is my understanding that AM are about to break ground on that $billion complex in Tahoe. Not sure if it's his own money or not, but it was my understanding it was.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
I'm not sure many believed he actually had the money and planned to use his own?? He wasn't exactly a trusted partner by pretty much anyone.

"His own money" always meant establishing a corporate entity to borrow funds. Billionaires don't spend their money on business.

TheLegend

"Just say it 3 times..."
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
No, I think the Utah politicians are making moves for the greater good, like they were elected to do. We have ding bats elected in Arizona. Bettman said as much when he stated the political landscape has to change for a team to return.

No Jakey.... they aren't. They're committed to the '34 Winter Olympics and Ryan Smith is taking the opportunity to latch on.

We will never know now will we. It is my understanding that AM are about to break ground on that $billion complex in Tahoe. Not sure if it's his own money or not, but it was my understanding it was.

It's his land and he just probably cleared about $300 million from selling the Coyotes' hockey ops and contracts, after paying off the debt he took over and losses.

But TED was going to be mostly financed.... he had letters of credit from no less than seven banks.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He was able to buy the team which required paying $1.2 billion to the NHL up front..... before the city even considered the $900 million.
And what did Phoenix do? If you aren't sure you know the answer ask that book lady.;)

He was able to buy the team which required paying $1.2 billion to the NHL up front..... before the city even considered the $900 millio
No Jakey.... they aren't. They're committed to the '34 Winter Olympics and Ryan Smith is taking the opportunity to latch on.

It's his land and he just probably cleared about $300 million from selling the Coyotes' hockey ops and contracts, after paying off the debt he took over and losses.

But TED was going to be mostly financed.... he had letters of credit from no less than seven banks.

Isn't his Utah's second winter games. Doing it for the greater good, for now and in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

The Reno project was in the works before the Coyote sale.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad