Value of: DeBrincat in a 1 for 1 trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Bertuzzi (and Reilly).

Sens could use the snarl and they can manage his next contract easier.

Bruins then flip DCat to Anaheim for Mintyukov and our 2nd in ‘23 back.

What?

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
You mean a guy like Jeff Skinner? Or would the Sens be more interested in Kevin Hayes?
Yeah im thinking like Hayes, Mantha, Schenn types

Need someone under 8 mil for sure

Bertuzzi (and Reilly).

Sens could use the snarl and they can manage his next contract easier.

Bruins then flip DCat to Anaheim for Mintyukov and our 2nd in ‘23 back.

What?
Bertuzzi would make sense, but as a UFA probably doesn’t work.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Yep - you have never seen him play.

He is going to be one of the best defensive defenders in the league. Bookmark it.
I feel the same. His mobility in every direction and calm mind suggest a super high floor. Hard to get people on board with it if they don’t see it, have a few on the Wild board who don’t think he will amount to much because he isn’t a PPQB. It’s weird

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Good luck.

Guys not the same player without Kane and when he was potting 40 he was only worth a top ten pick and scraps.
I mean its pretty easy to look up what he was traded for. 7th OA, 39th OA and a 3rd in 2024.

You appear to be a Blackhawks fan, did he miss lots of open looks? He could pretty easily have 30+ right now if he could just score on his chances. He has had pretty great linemates for the most part and lots of opportunity on the PP. I cant remember a player missing so many chances on the sens in their history. He does have a really good nack for getting open but its been the finishing thats the issue.

As a sens fan I want them to recoup some draft capital then use his cap space to go after some depth forwards or a goalie that are UFA's.

Assuming Norris comes back next year and natural progression for Pinto and Grieg his skillset is pretty redundant. He would be the teams 6th best forward. He could be a great player in the right spot, a deep team that has trouble scoring.

dantheman88

Mar 23, 2023
What about a swap with Calgary at the draft based around Mangiapane, assuming Debrincat would sign an extension with them. Flames have been looking for a right shot top 6 winger

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What about a swap with Calgary at the draft based around Mangiapane, assuming Debrincat would sign an extension with them. Flames have been looking for a right shot top 6 winger
Id rather get draft picks back and target a UFA that is better than Mangiapane.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Not an elite defensive defender - but that really doesn’t matter here. You’re just moving the goalposts from your uneducated post about Vesey and Ferrence.

If you think he’ll have the potential to be a “Hanifin Type” why even bring up Vesey and Ferrance.

Looks like someone caught with their pants down and is backtracking trying to move the goalposts of the initial conversation.

I bid you a good day - I’m done responding to a HF poster like yourself.
You heavily implied that the top player in the NCAA will likely become a superstar at the NHL level and I pointed out that usually that, that is not the case. Hence me drawing comparisons to two of the most well know NCAA players that did not pan out.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
No idea why Ottawa would already quit on DeBrincat but i can offer Arvidson or Iafallo if it has to be a hockey trade

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
No idea why Ottawa would already quit on DeBrincat but i can offer Arvidson or Iafallo if it has to be a hockey trade
I definitely wouldnt say Ottawa has quit on Debrincat. We just can't bend too much to fit him in. There is also the fact that Tkachuk has clearly passed him on the depth chart (Brady has been better than almost anyone expected), Giroux has been better than him pretty much every night (and has been way better than almost anyone expected), and Norris has shown the ability to be an elite PP triggerman.

Ottawa not being desperate to extend Debrincat is as much or more about their other players impressing than it is about Debrincat disappointing.

If he signs a 5yrs 7.75m deal, you would find very few Sens fans unhappy about that deal. He will be better moving forward and the talent and intelligence is obvious.
What about Lawson Crouse?
I would love Crouse but just cant see any way Debrincat commits to AZ

Reactions: HugeInTheShire

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
As what’s gonna happen with DeBrincat this summer is a main topic of discussion, curious to see what 1 for 1 trades may be available.

Assume a potential contract extension is in place with the acquiring team

Also feel free to add a secondary asset like a 2nd/3rd/B prospect to even out value on either side

Mainly looking for a 2nd line forward
Let's assume that the player getting sent back to Ottawa is also nearing free agency, but conveniently also is going to come with a fictional eight-year contract renewal too, boosting his trade value well beyond what it really is for, um, reasons!

So I'll say Dubois. No, the eight-year extension is no more real (and no less of a stretch) for him than the one you gave Debrincat, but the terms of the thread evidently give out eight-year extensions as part of potential trades like candy.

Reactions: Sens Vader

dixie

Mar 15, 2022
The problem with the Cat is that he is not am 8 million dollar a year player.Looks to me that he might be closer to a Connor Darland player than a 1st line player.Really did playing with Kane inflate his stats.

Conner Garland

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Let's assume that the player getting sent back to Ottawa is also nearing free agency, but conveniently also is going to come with a fictional eight-year contract renewal too, boosting his trade value well beyond what it really is for, um, reasons!

So I'll say Dubois. No, the eight-year extension is no more real (and no less of a stretch) for him than the one you gave Debrincat, but the terms of the thread evidently give out eight-year extensions as part of potential trades like candy.
I don't know about the premise you've presented that your post is based on.

Haven't teams wanting to move player "X" allowed other teams to talk to player X's camp before? Then, the trade is made, and the player being moved is signed to a new contract (often a multi year deal) the next day. I could be misremembering, but I think that's what happened with M Stone and Turris (seeing as how the Senators are the subject here).

Is there a reason why folks (aka HF hockey experts) have amnesia and don't present this alternative?

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
lol at the people saying Kane inflated his stats. Proving right there how little you know. But yeah sure he’s an overrated overpaid bum trade him after one year and see what happens. Sounds like something an incompetent franchise would do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad