Value of: DeBrincat in a 1 for 1 trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
As what’s gonna happen with DeBrincat this summer is a main topic of discussion, curious to see what 1 for 1 trades may be available.

Assume a potential contract extension is in place with the acquiring team

Also feel free to add a secondary asset like a 2nd/3rd/B prospect to even out value on either side

Mainly looking for a 2nd line forward

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
Good luck.

Guys not the same player without Kane and when he was potting 40 he was only worth a top ten pick and scraps.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
As what’s gonna happen with DeBrincat this summer is a main topic of discussion, curious to see what 1 for 1 trades may be available.

Assume a potential contract extension is in place with the acquiring team

Also feel free to add a secondary asset like a 2nd/3rd/B prospect to even out value on either side

Mainly looking for a 2nd line forward
What is the contract that’s in place for Debrincat? Is it his 9 mil QO? Is it a longer term deal with a cap hit at 8?
Imo, he will not have much value.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
What is the contract that’s in place for Debrincat? Is it his 9 mil QO? Is it a longer term deal with a cap hit at 8?
Imo, he will not have much value.

I don’t think he will have tons of value either, but we will need to replace him with someone that can play a top 6 role.

Unless he is signed of course, but exploring the idea of a hockey trade

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
i know nothing about the guy so i guess an equivalent prospect.
Faber is a decent prospect but not a high end/ top grade prospect.

Reinhart went for a 1st the next year and Levi
Fiala went for a pick known at 19 and Faber
Meier for a late 1st+2nd+ Mukhammadullin ( he’s a high QO and was gotten for an extra playoff race.

Ottawa is going to lose in the deal given what they gave up (7th and 37) here they might get a pick 20-32+ decent prospect

with Fiala and Reinhart the GMs knew thry woukd get re-signed. Devils did not know in their deal, will the team know so with Ottawa.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
He has been one of the best players in college hockey this season.

He is without a doubt a top prospect.

believe it when I see it. How many 3+ yr college to pro players who were not 1st round picks became superstars as you perceive in his value?

im not saying he won’t be an nhl player.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
believe it when I see it. How many 3+ yr college to pro players who were not 1st round picks became superstars as you perceive in his value?

im not saying he won’t be an nhl player.

So he’s similar to a Jimmy Vesey or David Farrance?
Mate - if all you know about a prospect is their draft position. Perhaps it’s within your best discretion to not talk about it.

Just say you haven’t seen him play, and move along.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
DeBrincat for Brett Pesce

Both players are 1 year to UFA. Pesce is a perfect fit in Ottawa's blue line. DeBrincat fills a goal scoring need in Carolina. Ideally both players can sign reasonable extensions immediately.

Carolina would laugh at that.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Mate - if all you know about a prospect is their draft position. Perhaps it’s within your best discretion to not talk about it.

Just say you haven’t seen him play, and move along.
My point that went over peoples heads was that a player that dominates NCAA, QMJHL, AUS, OHL, Etc doesn’t mean they translate to the NHL. No way would the Senators swap Debrincat for Faber. I think his peak potential is a Noah Hanifin type

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
My point that went over peoples heads was that a player that dominates NCAA, QMJHL, AUS, OHL, Etc doesn’t mean they translate to the NHL. No way would the Senators swap Debrincat for Faber. I think his peak potential is a Noah Hanifin type
Yep - you have never seen him play.

He is going to be one of the best defensive defenders in the league. Bookmark it.

Reactions: LokiDog

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Good luck.

Guys not the same player without Kane and when he was potting 40 he was only worth a top ten pick and scraps.
He returned the 7th, 39th picks from 2022 draft plus a 65-96th pick in 2024...

Kevin Korchinski
Paul Ludwinski
plus a third

Not too shabby for a guy who was looking to become the next Tony Amonte in Chicago, good player on a bad team...oh and the Hawks got nothing for Amonte

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
DeBrincat for Brett Pesce

Both players are 1 year to UFA. Pesce is a perfect fit in Ottawa's blue line. DeBrincat fills a goal scoring need in Carolina. Ideally both players can sign reasonable extensions immediately.
Would Carolina be incentivized to do this?
1st + b prospect
I don't think that's the type of asset Ottawa would be targeting, but probably not far off value-wise.

It's worth remembering that Ottawa can and almost certainly will take some salary back.

Not that any of these players are necessarily available or on teams that would trade for Debrincat, but I think Ottawa would look at mid-salaried, mid-lineup guys with term. Guys like Pavel Zacha, Adam Larsson, Morgan Geekie, Brandon Tanev, Barclay Goodrow, Dylan DeMelo, Adam Lowry, Cody Ceci, Nick Paul, Eetu Luostarainen, Owen Tippett, Barret Hayton, Alex Iafallo, Matt Roy, Trevor Moore (RIP to the WKUK), Sean Durzi, Mario Ferraro, Matt Benning, William Carrier, Nic Roy, Scott Laughton, Colton Scissons, Casey Mittlestadt, Jérémy Lauzon, Michael Rasmussen.... well, you get the picture.

I also think they would probably take on a bad-ish short-term contract (say, 1yr at up to 3.5mil or 2yrs at up to 2.5mil for a meh 3rd line/4th line forward)

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
What is Hanifin then?
Not an elite defensive defender - but that really doesn’t matter here. You’re just moving the goalposts from your uneducated post about Vesey and Ferrence.

If you think he’ll have the potential to be a “Hanifin Type” why even bring up Vesey and Ferrance.

Looks like someone caught with their pants down and is backtracking trying to move the goalposts of the initial conversation.

I bid you a good day - I’m done responding to a HF poster like yourself.

Reactions: LokiDog

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I don’t think he will have tons of value either, but we will need to replace him with someone that can play a top 6 role.

Unless he is signed of course, but exploring the idea of a hockey trade
You mean a guy like Jeff Skinner? Or would the Sens be more interested in Kevin Hayes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad