DC's The Penguin (Colin Farrell)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I enjoyed Episode 3. Not much plot development, but a lot of character development. Oz is turning into a father figure for Vic... the scary, abusive father that he never had. It warms the heart.

Farrell is gonna win an Emmy for this... if it can be proven that it's actually him under there.
Sofia: "I don't know how to trust you."
Oz: "How 'bout I keep showing you how?"

One minute later...

Vic: "What about Sofia?"
Oz: "Leave her!"

:laugh:

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Felt episode 3 was the weakest so far. I just don't care about Vic, so an episode focused on his backstory really didn't spark my interest.
I had those thoughts while watching it, too, but appreciated by the end why they showed those scenes. I didn't care about Vic before, either, but I warmed up to him this episode as I saw what he lost and gave up. It also helped establish his motivations for working for Oz. It's not just that he has nowhere else to go and it's better than stealing hub caps for a living. He seems to crave the mentorship. It seems like how you mentor a kid to keep him off of the street, except that Oz isn't exactly the best mentor or step up from a gang.

I agree that it's the weakest episode so far, but still more far enjoyable than any other episode of TV that I've watched in months. I certainly didn't have to force myself to pay attention or finish it like with any Rings of Power episode. Superb writing and acting goes a long way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad