Confirmed with Link: David Rundblad and Mathieu Brisebois to the Hawks for a 2nd (2014)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
This will definitely lead to something big happening in the off-season, but dont think anything else happens right now.

We'll see how he does, but he is cost controlled through next season and he's cheap. Prettysolid move no matter what.

monochrome

Mar 11, 2013
NJ/IL
Anyone else thinking that the Hawks may be moving Oduya for some C insurance, and moving Leddy up with Hjammer? Then have Rundblad/Roszival/Brookbank as the 3rd pair?

Short answer: yes--but I could also see Rundblad with Hammer as well, maybe if he proves himself

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
This guy has an offensive upside like no other young defensemen out there.He was a PPG in SEL before coming over to NHL.
If he just sorts out his defensive problems he will be a stud. A big, tall mobile defender with an absolute crazy offensive upside. What a steal.

You can see I'm pumped? He played for my arch-rival in Sweden and I love him.

Better than Leafs youngsters? I doubt it very much.... but will be thrilled if he's even close to Reilly or Gardner.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Wow, I think everybody at the blueline except Hjalmarsson, Seabs, and Keith could be in play now. I'm uncomfortable with how much I like the trade for Rundblad.

Brisebois? Was this a favor by taking the contract slot from PHX and could this explain why Pirri may have been moved a little more quickly at maybe a little less than many expected?

ViCiieux

Feb 8, 2013
Better than Leafs youngsters? I doubt it very much.... but will be thrilled if he's even close to Reilly or Gardner.
I believe so but I have been following Rundblad closely since his first steps in the Swedish Elite League, so I might be biased. :)
Reilly is a match but Gardiner? No way he has the offensive upside as Rielly and Rundblad does.

Rundblad had 39 points in 50 games with Portland last year, and that was his second year playing in North America.

JSmith81x

Your weapon is guilt
Dec 20, 2002
Visit site
Three Swedish defensemen now.

ANA - Lindholm
BUF - Tallinder
CHI - Hjalmarsson, Oduya, Rundblad
DET - Ericsson, Kronwall
MIN - Brodin
MTL - Murray
NSH - Ekholm