Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
‘Cause he’s looking better than Mailloux rigth now.
Mailloux was the only Laval all star last year with 47 points in his rookie season.
Reinbacher played against a roster of AHL/ECHL players sprinkled with a couple of borderline NHL players. Last night was not a game to use to gage any prospect.
Mailloux has come to camp wanting to show his improvements on the D side. He will show more as the competition gets tighter. Both belong in the AHL.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I would not be surprised if he is perceived as already above Barron and Mailloux in the depth chart.

He brings a much more mature and simple game than the other two.

This Reinbacher will be to Hutson what Malcolm Young was to Angus Young. For those who can't understand the reference, he will no doubt be in the shadow of Hutson but he will give Hutson the platform to shine at his maximum with what he brings to the game.
You mean like this?

• Haha
Reactions: Jaynki

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
So tired of the not-picking-Michkov hangover by some Habs fan on this board. Here's are our projected wingers next year on the top two lines:
Slaf
Caufield
Demidov
Laine

You want Michkov over any of these guys? A guy that does not seem to be particularly pleasant to start with, and who is 5'9" and not interested in playing defense?

We need a Reinbacher-type player, we don't need Michkov.
I hope DR works out as a first pairing D but to answer your specific question, right now, without him having even played even a single NHL game, I would, without any hesitation whatsoever, take Michkov (who BTW is 5'10" (not 5'9") and about 200 lbs.), over Caufield and Laine. It's not even close, IMO.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
I hope DR works out as a first pairing D but to answer your specific question, right now, without him having even played even a single NHL game, I would, without any hesitation whatsoever, take Michkov (who BTW is 5'10" (not 5'9") and about 200 lbs.), over Caufield and Laine. It's not even close, IMO.
I would not. Let's see how effective Michkov will be in helping his team win hockey games.

Reactions: JIMVINNY

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
He was a bit timid last night but once he’ll get his confidence up the tools are there to have a pretty complete package defenseman

The ideal partner for Hutson eventually.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Is that really saying much on this team?
you compared him to Sergachev - a guy who's good for 30+ pts and can't defend lol. what exactly did Sergachev ever show to you to make you think he was the better prospect? oooh he made a nice blind pass after turning the puck over 23 times?

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
you compared him to Sergachev - a guy who's good for 30+ pts and can't defend lol. what exactly did Sergachev ever show to you to make you think he was the better prospect? oooh he made a nice blind pass after turning the puck over 23 times?
1 - I never compared him to Sergachev, so FAKE NEWS, somebody else did.. was it you?
2 - Reinbacher hasn't proven anything yet
3 - I think your hatred for Sergachev is inflating your turnover statistics
4 - Relax ,It's just a message board

Reactions: WeThreeKings

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
1 - I never compared him to Sergachev, so FAKE NEWS, somebody else did.. was it you?
2 - Reinbacher hasn't proven anything yet
3 - I think your hatred for Sergachev is inflating your turnover statistics
4 - Relax ,It's just a message board
i have no hatred for Sergachev. he is what he is - a dman with a lot of holes who can produce

Reactions: NORiculous

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
i have no hatred for Sergachev. he is what he is - a dman with a lot of holes who can produce
You have no hatred? you posted this :

a guy who's good for 30+ pts and can't defend lol. what exactly did Sergachev ever show to you to make you think he was the better prospect? oooh he made a nice blind pass after turning the puck over 23 times?​
Just a tad bitter which is ok, because I also unfairly vent on Reinbacher. But let's just accept the fact we have different opinions on players and we run with them, rightly or on pure bias. I've done nothing but trash Reinbacher since we drafted him, It would be hilarious if I started saying 'I have no hatred for Reinbacher'. However if he does become anything more than a 3rd D, I have a lot of crow to eat and I'll hear about it no doubt.

• Haha
Reactions: junyab

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

a guy who's good for 30+ pts and can't defend lol. what exactly did Sergachev ever show to you to make you think he was the better prospect? oooh he made a nice blind pass after turning the puck over 23 times?​
Just a tad bitter which is ok, because I also unfairly vent on Reinbacher. But let's just accept the fact we have different opinions on players and we run with them, rightly or on pure bias. I've done nothing but trash Reinbacher since we drafted him, It would be hilarious if I started saying 'I have no hatred for Reinbacher'. However if he does become anything more than a 3rd D, I have a lot of crow to eat and I'll hear about it no doubt.
99% of the fan base will let you hear about it! 😉

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
It's not beyond the realm of possibility that Reinbacher produces offense like Sergachev. I think he's got 40-50 points in him. It doesn't seem so out of reach.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

i don't reckon shitting on Sergachev when we drafted him but k

Trenbohabs

Sep 25, 2024
Reinbacher has done NOTHING yet to suggest he's going to produce more than Sergachev. People make it sound like it's easier to play on a top tier team for some reason, like they don't have to cover up for blunders, run a good PP or PK etc. Honestly if Reinbacher was a 3rd round pick you don't make such wild projections for him. He was decently good last night against an AHL team, he didn't kick anyone off of the current blueline at this point.
lol if Reinbacher doesnt outproduce 0.54 PPG over like 8 years of Sergachevs then ill give you 1000$

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad