Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'm not sold either way on him but I think we can all agree anything less than a #2D would be a disappointment.

If he makes it as a top pairing guy I don't care what Michkov or anyone else does, if he tops out as a 3 or 4 I will be pretty salty.

Yes. They drafted him to be a top pair D. Unless every pick from 5-10 underperforms and he's the best of those underperformers, anything less than a 2D would be disappointing. I find he has both the tools and the toolbox to do it, but I don't see a 1D in the Pietrangelo/Doughty or more level, who are as good defensively as offensively. I find he's more of a Suter. Great in transition as a first passer, at defending the rush and keeping forwards out of the net area. Less physically punishing, but bigger and faster.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Habs won't need PPs to win the games if the other teams can't score

Don't worry we haven't been able to score goals in 25 years anyways. Who's going to stop the other team from scoring? Monty? Our D is young, it's ok if we are bad for another year or two

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
No and he can get those numbers very easily without being on the PP.

Slavin averages 22 minutes a night.
Other than the acclimating AHL Games,
I've seen Reinbacher play 3 "games" 1 preseason game and the 2 on the weekend and got 3 points in 3 games and not a single one of them on the powerplay

I see Reinbacher as a perennial 40+ point shutdown defenseman simply by doing this
And the team would be ALL the more better for it

I don't understand why people expected a 80 point dman
I don't understand why people think 80 point dmen are also the greatest defensively
I don't understand how people can't see that the PP QBing is already going to certain people ANYway
AND EVEN THEN, with PP time, Reinbacher would still do well, he's that smart

So the whole thing is reeeeeaally puzzling yeah
I'd be waaay more upset but it would be useless to get riled up over it any more then I have to because I know in 3 years everyone's gonna LOVE him and allll this SHIT will be long forgotten as archived texts lost in the cybernetic void lol, sigh

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Seriously , that's all I'm saying. If he isn't a #2 that's a questionable pick. And yes if the draft plays out the way it did this year, we still take Demidov and I'm ok looking for a RD this next draft. People are way more excited in Hutson, a second rounder, in every 'players to watch' guide and they don't even mention Reinbacher.
No, no and no !! He's not a questionable pick. I don't care about what people say if they are all crazy about Hutson and if they don't mention Reinbacher. I care zero to none about this.
Hutson have the wow factor, he have fantastic moves with his foot speed but it was vs rookies. We have no clue how he will work under hard pressure in his own zone. I trust more Mailloux, Ghule and Reinacher to solve problems in their zone than Hutson. And that's the #1 duty of a defenseman. Hockey is not only an entertaining game to watch. It's not about the funkyest move that will be seen over and over on the NHL highlights of the week. You write like someone who wants a show more than a winning team. Many people explained how subtle the plays of Reinabacher can help a team a lot and you keep posting like if you haven't read anything they wrote.

So I have to explain to you again and it's redundant. And you keep posting what some scouts have wrote about he will be not a PP D and maybe he's gonna be a 3-4 D. I think they were wrong about Reinbacher or they were badly quoted. And if scouts said when Reinbacher will arrive in the NHL, his very first year, maybe he will be a 3-4 D and after a year or 2 he will have #2 D duty. Don't you think there are learning steps with an nhl player?

Why do we have to explain and explain all over again, like with the debates about Slafkowky? I'm happy the success of Slaf calm down the Slaf haters, or the ones who stubbornly said Wright and Cooley were better. The same thing will happen with Reinbacher. Habs will win games and Reinbacher will be a reason for the wins. A good hockey analyst said one day that a good defenseman is a D you don't notice. He does his job of ending opposite forwards, the puck go away fast to his wingers and he doesn't spend much time in his zone. It' not flashy but it's efficient.

Reactions: themilosh

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
No, no and no !! He's not a questionable pick. I don't care about what people say if they are all crazy about Hutson and if they don't mention Reinbacher. I care zero to none about this.
Hutson have the wow factor, he have fantastic moves with his foot speed but it was vs rookies. We have no clue how he will work under hard pressure in his own zone. I trust more Mailloux, Ghule and Reinacher to solve problems in their zone than Hutson. And that's the #1 duty of a defenseman. Hockey is not only an entertaining game to watch. It's not about the funkyest move that will be seen over and over on the NHL highlights of the week. You write like someone who wants a show more than a winning team. Many people explained how subtle the plays of Reinabacher can help a team a lot and you keep posting like if you haven't read anything they wrote.

So I have to explain to you again and it's redundant. And you keep posting what some scouts have wrote about he will be not a PP D and maybe he's gonna be a 3-4 D. I think they were wrong about Reinbacher or they were badly quoted. And if scouts said when Reinbacher will arrive in the NHL, his very first year, maybe he will be a 3-4 D and after a year or 2 he will have #2 D duty. Don't you think there are learning steps with an nhl player?

Why do we have to explain and explain all over again, like with the debates about Slafkowky? I'm happy the success of Slaf calm down the Slaf haters, or the ones who stubbornly said Wright and Cooley were better. The same thing will happen with Reinbacher. Habs will win games and Reinbacher will be a reason for the wins. A good hockey analyst said one day that a good defenseman is a D you don't notice. He does his job of ending opposite forwards, the puck go away fast to his wingers and he doesn't spend much time in his zone. It' not flashy but it's efficient.

Why are you so angry? It's just a message board, would be boring if we all agreed on the same thing. You will owe me beers and a steak dinner when The Bach busts and I'm proven to be correct

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Yes. They drafted him to be a top pair D. Unless every pick from 5-10 underperforms and he's the best of those underperformers, anything less than a 2D would be disappointing. I find he has both the tools and the toolbox to do it, but I don't see a 1D in the Pietrangelo/Doughty or more level, who are as good defensively as offensively. I find he's more of a Suter. Great in transition as a first passer, at defending the rush and keeping forwards out of the net area. Less physically punishing, but bigger and faster.
As much as I can take suter for 15 years on the Habs, I do think DR could be in the Pietrangelo mold. AP only peaked around 40 points. That’s great production out of a D that plays 25 minutes a night and is great shutdown.

We get enamoured with the Makars, Hughes and Karlssons who are bringing back the Coffeys and Housleys of the 80’s, but they are the exception- NOT the rule. I’ll take a top pairing guy who shuts guys down and “throws in” 40 points a year

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Still trying to get 'Thorpedo' out of my head
There is nothing wrong with Thorpedo. At least it isn't Thorpy or some other crap. And thereis no chance reinbacher isn't #2 d level or HuGi wouldn't have taken him.

As much as I can take suter for 15 years on the Habs, I do think DR could be in the Pietrangelo mold. AP only peaked around 40 points. That’s great production out of a D that plays 25 minutes a night and is great shutdown.

We get enamoured with the Makars, Hughes and Karlssons who are bringing back the Coffeys and Housleys of the 80’s, but they are the exception- NOT the rule. I’ll take a top pairing guy who shuts guys down and “throws in” 40 points a year
Exactly. Pieterangelo is nothing special offensively. Reinbacher should be able to put up 40 pts playing with the likes of Hutson etc.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
He played really good in these 2 games. Nothing flashy, but he make already pro play. He play like a veteran guy.

Reinbacher play similar style of Pietrangelo, nothing flashy, but can 100% contribute at offensive zone.

If Guhle and Reinbacher can have the same impact of Slavin and Pietrangelo, that's a huge win for the future of Habs.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Other than the acclimating AHL Games,
I've seen Reinbacher play 3 "games" 1 preseason game and the 2 on the weekend and got 3 points in 3 games and not a single one of them on the powerplay

I see Reinbacher as a perennial 40+ point shutdown defenseman simply by doing this
And the team would be ALL the more better for it

I don't understand why people expected a 80 point dman
I don't understand why people think 80 point dmen are also the greatest defensively
I don't understand how people can't see that the PP QBing is already going to certain people ANYway
AND EVEN THEN, with PP time, Reinbacher would still do well, he's that smart

So the whole thing is reeeeeaally puzzling yeah
I'd be waaay more upset but it would be useless to get riled up over it any more then I have to because I know in 3 years everyone's gonna LOVE him and allll this SHIT will be long forgotten as archived texts lost in the cybernetic void lol, sigh
It's the same crowd that was crapping on Slaf just a few months ago. No patience, no foresight..

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Reinbacher is much smarter.
Between specifically these two for the QB PP, I'd rather the tools of mailloux vs reinbacher smarts. And mailloux has a high offensive IQ so I don't even know if I'd agree in saying reinbacher is smarter on PP.

Not an exact comparison but would you rather Bouchard or Reilly run your PP? One has tools the other has smarts. I'd take Bouche easily.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
It's the same crowd that was crapping on Slaf just a few months ago. No patience, no foresight..

who was crapping on Slaf a few months ago after that amazing season he had? I never saw anyone slag him at all?

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
And thereis no chance reinbacher isn't #2 d level or HuGi wouldn't have taken him.
So then I guess that there’s no chance that Justin Barron won’t become a star or HuGo wouldn’t have traded Lehkonen for him?

Come on, even good GM’s make mistakes along the way. I’m not saying that Reinbacher was a mistake, it’s too early to tell.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Reinbacher turns into a right shot Pietrangelo would be good. I said he reminds me of Pesce when we drafted him.

Reinbacher, Mailloux on right side with a seasoned veteran. Could be Savard but if we can get a first for him a third pairing veteran like him can usually be found in UFA.

Left side Guhle with the electric Hutson and tough Wifi. Struble or Engstrom the 7th guy. That's a good defense. Always looking to improve but I think can win a cup with that defense.

Couple years down the road Struble packaged with a Newhook for high end asset we need. Once Beck, Hage and Engstrom are ready.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
who was crapping on Slaf a few months ago after that amazing season he had? I never saw anyone slag him at all?
Some people wanted him to play in the AHL. They wanted Slafkovsky to play in the AHL.

It sounds absurd now but last year there were some question marks.

Reactions: ReHabs

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Do you think Slaf was rushed at all?
I think a lot of people — myself included now — take Slafkovsky’s ascendance for granted but he already suffered a major injury in his rookie season and several huge impacts from hits. It could’ve gone better and it could’ve gone a lot worse.

Reinbacher won’t be put in the same sink or swim sorta position. When he comes up he will be ready.

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad